Li1868
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi
I applied to one university a few days ago only one as its for mature students mainly so I applied wrote my personal statement with several sentences regarding my open day etc
Yesterday I thought I would apply to 4 more universities, I have sent them the same personal statement mentioning the other unvisitery on it as I didn't know I was going to be applying for others!!
I urgently need to sort it out as they obviously will not even consider as I've wrote the other uni on it! What do I do,
I just want to delete the other 4 application and re do it with different statement, the I ly options I can see is

This is what ucas says on the page I can click on either :
Substitute
If you made a mistake with this choice, you can still substitute it (for a limited period only).

With draw
Permanently withdraw from this choice
Once withdrawn, you won't be able to change it for another choice.

What do I click on I still want to apply but need to delete it as the personal statement needs to be changed

Thanks
Last edited by Li1868; 5 months ago
Ten-Ten
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Surely substitute makes sense in this situation
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Substitute is only for changing course choices (so swapping one uni for another, for example).

I'm afraid I don't think you can change your PS once it has been submitted. You could contact UCAS directly to check, but I don't think that it's likely. Therefore, your two options are:

1. To leave it and hope the other unis won't care
2. To contact the other unis and ask if you can send them a separate PS directly. But they don't have to agree to this and they also will still see your original PS.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Li1868)
Hi
I applied to one university a few days ago only one as its for mature students mainly so I applied wrote my personal statement with several sentences regarding my open day etc
Yesterday I thought I would apply to 4 more universities, I have sent them the same personal statement mentioning the other unvisitery on it as I didn't know I was going to be applying for others!!
I urgently need to sort it out as they obviously will not even consider as I've wrote the other uni on it! What do I do,
I just want to delete the other 4 application and re do it with different statement, the I ly options I can see is

This is what ucas says on the page I can click on either :
Substitute
If you made a mistake with this choice, you can still substitute it (for a limited period only).

With draw
Permanently withdraw from this choice
Once withdrawn, you won't be able to change it for another choice.

What do I click on I still want to apply but need to delete it as the personal statement needs to be changed

Thanks
Its not ideal, but as long as the PS is written ok, im sure they'll overlook this.

This is a silly mistake and easily avoidable but its done. TBH unless you are applying for a competitive course it probably wont make much difference as long as your academics meet/surpass the requirements.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (70)
27.24%
No - I have already returned home (28)
10.89%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
21.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.89%
No - I live at home during term anyway (77)
29.96%

Watched Threads