Best graduate jobs after a law degree?

Watch
m-k1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have no idea what I want to do!

What are some good graduate job options for me once I hopefully finish my law degree? In terms of pay and work life balance
LordFahid
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
lawyer
m-k1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LordFahid)
lawyer
That was initially the plan, but considering the work life balance I’m not sure any more. Its not something I’m REALLY passionate about and it seems like a long process/lot of effort for something that I’m halfhearted about
james_law2.0
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
https://targetjobs.co.uk/career-sect...h-a-law-degree
Johnny ~
Badges: 11
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by m-k1)
That was initially the plan, but considering the work life balance I’m not sure any more. Its not something I’m REALLY passionate about and it seems like a long process/lot of effort for something that I’m halfhearted about
I think that you might want to look at graduate schemes outside of law. There are various consulting ones at the lines of Big 4/Accenture etc. that do not require a quant degree, offer very reasonable hours in some departments, and require little travel. You might also want to look at the Civil Service and FMCG schemes.

You obviously won't be paid as much as a trainee at a 'top' commercial law firm in London (Big 4 pays its first years less than £30k), but the hours and prospects within the organisation will be much better. You also won't have to take the time hit of having to do the LPC or paralegal after university (which will eat up at least another year of your life, possibly more).
Last edited by Johnny ~; 1 week ago
The West Wing
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Worth looking into risk and compliance. The jobs seem boring to me but they are generally well paid (can be very well paid) and not as intense as lawyer jobs.
Johnny ~
Badges: 11
Report 1 week ago
I also think that you're going about this the wrong way. The best way for you to approach this is to spend a few days just googling and making notes on different career paths. Make sure that you know what's done by a trainee/analyst on a day to day basis, what the pay is like, where the job is located, etc. There's no point in just searching for a 9-5 if you'll hate what's done during those 8 hours.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (22)
8.4%
Confident (31)
11.83%
Indifferent (46)
17.56%
Unsure (69)
26.34%
Worried (94)
35.88%

Watched Threads