Do people wear prom dresses at university?

Watch
mathsalevels
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Are there many occasions at university where girls wear long formal prom/ball dresses?
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mathsalevels)
Are there many occasions at university where girls wear long formal prom/ball dresses?
maybe like may ball
mathsalevels
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
maybe like may ball
Are there many balls at uni?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Are there many balls at uni?
Depends what you are part of, usually there will be a ball for each department or if the course is large enough the course itself. Plus a sports one. There isn't too many 'formal attire' events though especially in the earlier years, for my first year there was only 3 formal occasions I could of gone to, my joint course ball (we join with the other medical professions), the engineering one and then the sports one. You might also have formal events like AGM's for clubs which you might need something smartish to wear but I wouldn't wear a dress, especially a long prom dress to them as it's a meeting not a leisure thing.
mathsalevels
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Depends what you are part of, usually there will be a ball for each department or if the course is large enough the course itself. Plus a sports one. There isn't too many 'formal attire' events though especially in the earlier years, for my first year there was only 3 formal occasions I could of gone to, my joint course ball (we join with the other medical professions), the engineering one and then the sports one. You might also have formal events like AGM's for clubs which you might need something smartish to wear but I wouldn't wear a dress, especially a long prom dress to them as it's a meeting not a leisure thing.
Okay, thanks. Did you wear a long prom dress to any of the 3 you went to?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Okay, thanks. Did you wear a long prom dress to any of the 3 you went to?
I did for the first one as I wasn't so keen on going out as it was in the first semester so wasn't sure what to expect but didn't for the second as I was planning on going out after and although I did wear a lognish dress it wasn't very promy more just smart. These events you'll have people wearing all sorts just depends what you feel comfortable in but don't feel like you have to wear that kind of thing if you don't want to as long as it's smart nobody will think any different
babyshark
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It depends. Some unis hold balls and galas where many people choose to wear long dresses. If you’re part of a society that would do something like this then yes, I suppose people do wear prom dresses.

For just going out, no. It’s rare people wear long dresses to go clubbing aha!

Everyone wears different things for different events so just wear whatever you’re comfortable in! Long dress events are fairly rare and if they do happen, it would only be a couple times a year! It all depends on the uni
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (53)
8.73%
Confident (80)
13.18%
Indifferent (85)
14%
Unsure (157)
25.86%
Worried (232)
38.22%

Watched Threads

Latest