Guy481
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Put down the fork and knife and the pudding spoon. Stop snorting as though you're a pig. 🐷
Solid advice

also go for 10 mile runs that helps
josie71202
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
have a sustainable exercise and diet
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Guy481)
Vegetables have less carbs than say porridge. But that’s not my point. Porridge is addictive we could eat it all day; could you honestly eat carrots all day? I know what I’m talking about you should listen. So you end up eating a lot more carbs with porridge because you binge.

Grains are addictive on the scale of heroin; why else would we eat so much of the stuff? You trying to blanket the gap between real food (vegetables) and filth like bread is a massive mistake. We are pretty much all addicted to grains and I bet you are as well.
If you understand a healthy, balanced diet you don't binge on porridge and eat plenty of veg.

Grains are real food; what do you think makes them otherwise?
Guy481
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Surnia)
If you understand a healthy, balanced diet you don't binge on porridge and eat plenty of veg.

Grains are real food; what do you think makes them otherwise?
Ok you go into a wheat field and eat the grains raw and I’ll go into the carrot field and do the same; I wonder which one of us will come off better.

PS even whole grains are still a processed food
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Fermion.)
Lol all these people having a hissy fit on the right way to diet. Honestly there is no right or wrong way. If someone loses weight by cutting out bread and pasta like I did then what’s the big deal? Everyone needs to relax. As long as you’re not starving yourself who cares how do you do it? Honestly.
The most basic definition of a diet is the food that someone eats; a lot of people think it referes solely to a specific way of eating, e.g. for weight loss or gain. If you aren't doing either of those things, you are still on a diet.

If you want to lose weight of course there is a right way to do it. You need to lose it at a sensible rate and in a way that is sustainable and maintains your body's health.
Fermion.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Surnia)
The most basic definition of a diet is the food that someone eats; a lot of people think it referes solely to a specific way of eating, e.g. for weight loss or gain. If you aren't doing either of those things, you are still on a diet.

If you want to lose weight of course there is a right way to do it. You need to lose it at a sensible rate and in a way that is sustainable and maintains your body's health.
Yep. Hence why I mentioned starving yourself is not the way to go.
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Fermion.)
Yep. Hence why I mentioned starving yourself is not the way to go.
But define 'starving'; you can eat in a calorie deficit that you arent hungry, but not be having the nutrition your body requires.
Hello838474
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by black tea)
I second getting myfitnesspal. Start off by just keeping a track of what you are eating and you will quickly see which foods are super high in calories. Also keep a track of how much exercise/walking you are doing - there are lots of apps that count your steps, for example, and walking is the easiest way to start doing some exercise. Once you have established what your baseline is, you can start making changes to your life.
Yeah, my fitness pal makes things easy. I used it to lose 50 pounds. (It helped me overcome binge eating)
and it will tell you how much you should be eating to lose weight based on your height and weight. Just incorporate exercise and the weight should fall off since you’ll be in a calorie deficit.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (12)
8.57%
Confident (18)
12.86%
Indifferent (25)
17.86%
Unsure (38)
27.14%
Worried (47)
33.57%

Watched Threads

Latest