eunbipsy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I am considering doing an EPQ surrounding English Literature as that’s what I’m most likely going to do at University. My main idea is doing it about how English Literature is dying and running out of ideas— is this too cliche or overdone? I am wondering if it is a good idea?I’m open to suggestions too!
gevieevie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Not too sure whether it's cliche or overdone, but for an EPQ the topic seems very vast. This kind of topic would require you to talk about literature over the years in-depth, meaning that you should spend a lot of words developing about English literature in order to get to your main objective which is why literature 'is dying out'. If you understand what I mean. It's a bit too broad and doesn't allow you to focus the question properly so you would probably struggle on the essay and the research. However, if this a topic that interests you I would then suggest perhaps focusing your question a bit more into a comparison type eg 'To what extent has English literature depleted since the 1900s', etc. Something that you find interesting that would ensure you have enough to talk about but not too much where it seems you can't properly answer the question since for this you would definitely have to talk in-depth about different eras and their context, what was going on at the time that shaped the literature and why that isn't really as popular right now and as a result, the literature is 'dying out'. I hope this helped, my EPQ teacher, made me focus my question a lot more in order to be able to have a strong critical analysis bit that isn't drowned out by exhaustive description since description doesn't give you a lot of marks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise