Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey I am a 2nd year student and have just recently been told that i will be getting removed from my course at uni after failing my one and only re-sit in 2years and i was wondering if i was to apply for another course would 2 years of Uni help my application for ucas at all? do i get credits from all the exams i had passed? and one last thing would being removed from my course for failing a module affect my chances of getting into the same course at a different uni?

Thanks so much, Gary

ReputationRep:
    If you have an awesome personal statement explaining the reasons you didn't so well first time round you should be ok.

Could you appeal the unis decision, though?

ReputationRep:
    wow 2 years wasted...yea seeing as you only module it should help

(Original post by Gary251)
    Hey I am a 2nd year student and have just recently been told that i will be getting removed from my course at uni after failing my one and only re-sit in 2years and i was wondering if i was to apply for another course would 2 years of Uni help my application for ucas at all? do i get credits from all the exams i had passed? and one last thing would being removed from my course for failing a module affect my chances of getting into the same course at a different uni?

Thanks so much, Gary
    Ouch, sorry to hear that! If you are applying for a very similar course you can ask to be put directly into the second year...you could approach the universities you are interested in first

ReputationRep:
    Yeh tell me about it, im pretty gutted. Well yeah i wanted to apply for the same course again, i was at RGU in aberdeen and theres only 2 other places in Scotland that do the course. Would it be better not to mention i have done the course before then? Thanks i think i will ask my current course leader if i can get a transfer to 2nd year somewhere else! I dont know if i could actually appeal for sumthin, as i dont think you can disagree with the assessment boards decision What things could i appeal for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gary251)
    Yeh tell me about it, im pretty gutted. Well yeah i wanted to apply for the same course again, i was at RGU in aberdeen and theres only 2 other places in Scotland that do the course. Would it be better not to mention i have done the course before then? Thanks i think i will ask my current course leader if i can get a transfer to 2nd year somewhere else! I dont know if i could actually appeal for sumthin, as i dont think you can disagree with the assessment boards decision What things could i appeal for?
    You will have to declare it, but most universities AFAIK will be more concerned with your A-level grades than the failed module (particularly if this was in the context of decent results in other modules).

However, I'd look at appealing the decision, too. You won't be able to question their academic judgement, but you can ask them to reconsider the decision on the basis of other extenuating circumstances, usually.

ReputationRep:
    so i should appeal asking them to recnsider based on my results in other modules and hope they can understand i had a bad re-sit. My course leader said any 2nd or 3rd year student that fails a re-sit is therefore removed from the course. So would me appeal stand much of a chance?

ReputationRep:
    Have you got a student handbook? That should tell you any appeals procedure.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.