The Student Room Group

Most overrated video games

People say that dark soul is hard, or even “the hardest game ever”. It isn’t. It is tedious. There’s a difference. When a game is “hard”, it requires a lot of skill. Dark Souls does not. It requires patience. It requires watching the boss and avoiding it for a bit until you learn their attack pattern. I got a lot on my sleeves. Does anyone thinks the same? If not, what's you most overrated game?

Scroll to see replies

For me, I'd have to say Horizon zero dawn. Story and characters bored the **** out of me but that's just my unpopular opinion. I love single-player games so the story and characters must be top tier for me to enjoy it.
Reply 2
Original post by Hoodlum123
For me, I'd have to say Horizon zero dawn. Story and characters bored the **** out of me but that's just my unpopular opinion. I love single-player games so the story and characters must be top tier for me to enjoy it.

i was pleasantly surprised by this game tbh, i didn't think i'd like it as much as i did
Reply 3
Zelda breath of the wild. Felt too simplistic and cartoonish, like a game from 10-15 years ago.
"Everything I like is underrated; everything else that's popular is overrated by sheep who aren't wise and independent like me." - Everyone
Minecraft.
Original post by Quick-use
Minecraft.

:cry2:
fortnite for sure and fifa 😇
Minecraft.

It is really not as hard as people say, if the gamer has the patience and the ability to understand the numbers. But to be successful, you as gamer also needs a bit luck to avoid to click on a mine by the first or second move.
(edited 3 years ago)
Minecraft.

Oh sorry, my bad! I did not read the name of the game precisely and thought about MineSWEEPER, that is completely different.
Mincecraft, Fifa, Fortnite, Call of Duty
Minecraft.

Minecraft is a glitchy mess with awful graphics and I don’t understand why it became so popular.
Original post by Kallisto
Oh sorry, my bad! I did not read the name of the game precisely and thought about MineSWEEPER, that is completely different.

Haha 🤣
Original post by Arthur_Morgan

Arthur I thought I killed you in red dead how are you still alive boy? 😂
Original post by OA_101
Arthur I thought I killed you in red dead how are you still alive boy? 😂

Ah faked ma death boah
Original post by Arthur_Morgan

Not MDW it delivered many expection. You might have not installed season 5 yet:u:
FIREBOY AND WATERGIRL IN THE FOREST TEMPLE :mad:
FIFA. People buy a new one every year - isn't that just a waste of money?
Fifa, COD, Fortnite, Minecraft, GTA5 to a certain extent (it was a good game but way too overhyped).
2D mario and sonic games.

Always preferred 3D games - 2D was born from technical limitations and I don't understand the obsession with them. You just can't have the same amount of depth or exploration.

I would pick Sonic Unleashed (a massively underrated game imo) over any of the original Genesis Sonics any day.

Quick Reply

Latest