Living at home for final year due to online lectures?

Watch
username5322498
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by chattygirl88)
...from October - December I will have no physically classes to go to. They might start bringing back classes in January but they have to monitor the situation.
Don't you still have to go to seminars? I thought it was just lectures that were online.
chattygirl88
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ScrLk0)
Don't you still have to go to seminars? I thought it was just lectures that were online.
Nope all my seminars will defo be online too!
bobbler66
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ScrLk0)
hmmm, it's best to check with your University, mine is having lectures online and seminars in person.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey!

I can't see the OP but if you're wondering whether to live at home I'd be super careful. I suppose it depends how close you live to university anyway, but for me, I live about 5 hours away so I wouldn't risk it. I'd make sure that you 100% won't need to attend anything before you make the decision, as it would put you in a difficult position if you need to go to seminars for example. I know each university is different but here at the University of Portsmouth, we will be having face to face seminars and small groups in the first semester, but no lectures.

Plus, a lot of accommodation is from September - July, so if you want to find accommodation for the second semester, you might find it difficult.

Again, I'd just double-check everything before you decide anything and keep up with what your university are saying on the matter.

Hope that helps

Courtney -- Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (33)
8.27%
Confident (54)
13.53%
Indifferent (56)
14.04%
Unsure (102)
25.56%
Worried (154)
38.6%

Watched Threads