jxe_edw4rd5
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
i need to drop gcse art but i don't know how to go about doing, it causes me so much stress and is ruining my sleeping patterns, i am most nights with high amounts of anxiety my school never does anything about it and they know i suffer with a lot of anxiety, however they make no effort to make it stress free. Is there anyway to get a doctors note?
Raptor Jesus
Badges: 18
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by jxe_edw4rd5)
i need to drop gcse art but i don't know how to go about doing, it causes me so much stress and is ruining my sleeping patterns, i am most nights with high amounts of anxiety my school never does anything about it and they know i suffer with a lot of anxiety, however they make no effort to make it stress free. Is there anyway to get a doctors note?
u could tell ur teacher abt ur problem and then have a chat with the head of Art department/ head of year etc and then they could allow u to drop it - but like if ur in yr11 then ik u can easily drop it then - but in yr10/9 - it may not be so easy because u just started
jxe_edw4rd5
Rep:
?
(Original post by Raptor Jesus)
u could tell ur teacher abt ur problem and then have a chat with the head of Art department/ head of year etc and then they could allow u to drop it - but like if ur in yr11 then ik u can easily drop it then - but in yr10/9 - it may not be so easy because u just started
im in year 10, i have spoke to my teacher, i was originally supposed to be doing btec and my new headteacher is a complete cow and forced me to do gcse.
Raptor Jesus
Report 1 week ago
im in year 10, i have spoke to my teacher, i was originally supposed to be doing btec and my new headteacher is a complete cow and forced me to do gcse.
u might then want to get ur parents involved and let them talk to the head
jxe_edw4rd5
Rep:
?
u might then want to get ur parents involved and let them talk to the head
the thing is my parent think im ok with it so i dont know what to do
Raptor Jesus
Report 1 week ago
the thing is my parent think im ok with it so i dont know what to do
well then u have to convince ur parents that u r not ok and tell them abt ur anxiety when u do gcse art - and then they can talk to ur head
u need to tell them that ur anxiety is serious and it will affect ur grades in yr11
jxe_edw4rd5
Rep:
?
well then u have to convince ur parents that u r not ok and tell them abt ur anxiety when u do gcse art - and then they can talk to ur head
u need to tell them that ur anxiety is serious and it will affect ur grades in yr11
i said that but they thinking because after year 10 ill have 1 year left ill be fine
Raptor Jesus
Report 1 week ago
i said that but they thinking because after year 10 ill have 1 year left ill be fine
many people think that in yr11 everything will be ok because its ur final yr but many people tend to feel the pressure in yr11 - ik 3 people that dropped gcse art in yr11 because of anxiety or just wouldnt finish the course in time
its better that u drop it now - u have to convince ur parents or ur head to drop it - even contact ur school nurse if u have one
if u cant drop it now - then i suggest that u drop it in yr11 - perhaps at the start because then u can focus on ur other subjects
jxe_edw4rd5
Rep:
?
many people think that in yr11 everything will be ok because its ur final yr but many people tend to feel the pressure in yr11 - ik 3 people that dropped gcse art in yr11 because of anxiety or just wouldnt finish the course in time
its better that u drop it now - u have to convince ur parents or ur head to drop it - even contact ur school nurse if u have one
if u cant drop it now - then i suggest that u drop it in yr11 - perhaps at the start because then u can focus on ur other subjects
thank you ill try my best to convince them
Raptor Jesus
Report 1 week ago
thank you ill try my best to convince them
no problemo
GL :top:
ik art can be stressful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (71)
19.03%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.38%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (68)
18.23%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
20.91%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (39)
10.46%
I haven't started researching yet (41)
10.99%

Watched Threads