How likely is it to get a unconditional offer?

Watch
blu ranger
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I really want an unconditional offer from one of my from unis, which are Exeter, Aberdeen, Nottingham and Liverpool hope. How can I get an unconditional offer easily? Is it in the personal statement or just grades?
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Those universities dont usually make unconditional offers and neither do most leading ones.
blu ranger
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
Those universities dont usually make unconditional offers and neither do most leading ones
Just cause my brother got three unconditionals and my mum is saying how I will, but I'm not sure if I will...
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by blu ranger)
Just cause my brother got three unconditionals and my mum is saying how I will, but I'm not sure if I will...
Uni's either have a policy of giving unconditionals or not, there's nothing you can really do in your application to encourage them.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Unconditionals started with Birmingham and followed with Nottingham. The government pressurised universities into not giving out offers and Birmingham and Nottingham have since stopped making them. Very few top universities offer them now. However most universities accept students with dropped grades on results days.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I really want an unconditional offer from one of my from unis, which are Exeter, Aberdeen, Nottingham and Liverpool hope. How can I get an unconditional offer easily? Is it in the personal statement or just grades?
If unis do it, it's often based on the overall application and how much they want you to come to them. So PS, grades (GCSE and A-level) and reference taken as a whole.

There's a lot of pressure on unis to move away from unconditional offers, and next application cycle will probably be one of the most competitive cycles for a while.

Maybe talk to your mum about this and how her comments are making you feel- and try not to compare yourself to your brother.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (70)
18.82%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (68)
18.28%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
20.97%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (39)
10.48%
I haven't started researching yet (41)
11.02%

Watched Threads