Going out with friends- ED recovery

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey so I am going out with a friend soon and I'm kind of freaking out. I'm worried because of the prospect of food, she'll wanna order takeout and I'm so anxious about that cos it's one of my fears. I guess I just wanna ask anyone who is in recovery or has recovered or just generally has any suggestions: how do I get past this anxiety, I just feel like I'm not ready to challenge that fear and idk I'm just anxious so any suggestions as to how I feel less anxious in this situation or minimise the fear or idk, sorry this is probably a dumb thing to ask.
Roasted Potato
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Do you have a counsellor a therapist you can ask who will give you good advice if its a time to push yourself or stick to what you are comfortable with?

It is not a dumb thing to ask in any way shape or form!

Does this friend know about your ED? Perhaps starting small like going for coffee and a biscuit would be a better thing to do? Then next time coffee and cake, coffee and sandwich, then takeaway and build it up?
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey so I am going out with a friend soon and I'm kind of freaking out. I'm worried because of the prospect of food, she'll wanna order takeout and I'm so anxious about that cos it's one of my fears. I guess I just wanna ask anyone who is in recovery or has recovered or just generally has any suggestions: how do I get past this anxiety, I just feel like I'm not ready to challenge that fear and idk I'm just anxious so any suggestions as to how I feel less anxious in this situation or minimise the fear or idk, sorry this is probably a dumb thing to ask.
Could you order from a place that you are familiar with? Would you feel more comfortable if it was from a place like McDonald's where they publish the nutritional content in their food? OR, instead of ordering takeout could you cook a meal together?

Your making a massive step forward, I am really rooting for you.
Last edited by glassalice; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (65)
19.35%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (72)
21.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (62)
18.45%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (70)
20.83%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (34)
10.12%
I haven't started researching yet (33)
9.82%

Watched Threads