Ahhhhhelpppppp
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Help someone with The written unit! Any tips and revision guides/methods would be helpful!
Hoshiko
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I struggled with the written unit but I did find a method. Its the long route though so if anyone has a better option you would be better off taking it. First of all, categorize all of the types of pieces you can be asked about, in both expressive and design. For example, sculpture, painting, jewellery, architecture, etc. Then you need to individually go through and find points to right about from each. Like a mental list of prompts. So for painting, you can look at types of application and its effects, how the colours link to mood and atmosphere. For jewellery, you can think about wearability, aesthetics, materials, and how they lend themselves to function (Every answer must include something being linked to something else).
Don't be going through and writing up big lists of this stuff, that'll take too long and won't be helpful. It's about developing this list of prompts and things to look out for in your head so you can recall them when you need. Instead of writing lists, actively practise questions as you do this.

Also, I can't remember the specifics but you can work out the bare minimum of different types of pieces you need to focus on. Like since there are 10 questions but you only need to answer 6 or something like that idk. Work out which ones appear all the time and use this to your advantage.

And a final note. From experience, I find thinking of ideas for design harder. Expressive is easier to blag, you can spin some poetic crap and get the mark. So I would spend more time perfecting your design questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (38)
20.99%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (45)
24.86%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (29)
16.02%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (39)
21.55%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (16)
8.84%
I haven't started researching yet (14)
7.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise