Turn on thread page Beta

No one visited me while I was in hospital. watch

Anon please.

I few hours ago I was discharged from hospital after being stabbed and beaten half to death in a mugging. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since; both the mugging, and my time at hospital.

I was there for a week before I got myself out of there. In the meantime I got to watch as all the other patients received visitors, gifts, and support from all these really concerned people.

No one visited me . Not even my parents...

You'd think that if someone you even liked was stabbed, you'd at least visit to see if they were alright... I mean I'm in the same city as them, and it's not even out of the way! And I was there for a week!

I don't think I've ever felt so worthless in my life. You ever have one of those moments where you're suddenly seeing everything more clearly? I badly need a hug, but I've just realised I have literally no close friend I could call for support. Maybe I'll do what I normally do when I need a hug, and go out with a 'free hugs' sign with purely selfish intentions .

Meh. University in 5 weeks or so... hopefully things will be different there. But somehow I doubt it. I thought the same for college, and my god did that go badly...

ReputationRep:
    Were they aware that you were in hospital? If they didn't know you were there then they couldn't have come to see you.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should talk to your parents, and explain that you were hurt that they did not come to visit you and ask why they didn't make the effort.

Have you got any ideas as to why you did not have any visitors at all?

(Original post by Hedgeman49)
    Were they aware that you were in hospital? If they didn't know you were there then they couldn't have come to see you.
    They knew. I was even front page in the local paper, lol.

(Original post by mollymustard)
    Maybe you should talk to your parents, and explain that you were hurt that they did not come to visit you and ask why they didn't make the effort.

Have you got any ideas as to why you did not have any visitors at all?
    I have no idea why I had no visitors. I guess that's part of the reason I made this thread; I never knew I was so unpopular and it's come as kind of a hard hitting shock :/.

And if I try criticising my parents, all I get is insulted, called an embarrassment, selfish, ungrateful etc. It's no use to be honest. But I guess it's worth doing anyway, thanks. Maybe the general message of it will sink through even if they never let on to me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sorry to hear that you got stabbed. Glad that you're fine now.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be blunt: Your parents are arsehats. I can in some ways understand the friends, not condone mind, but understand, it's a very sensitive thing, not many think they can handle it.

But the 'rents? Their son is lying half dead in a hospital and they don't even care enough to check in on you?

I'm sorry, but this is nothing to do with you, it's to do with your parents, they sound absolutely horrid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have no idea why I had no visitors. I guess that's part of the reason I made this thread; I never knew I was so unpopular and it's come as kind of a hard hitting shock :/.

And if I try criticising my parents, all I get is insulted, called an embarrassment, selfish, ungrateful etc. It's no use to be honest. But I guess it's worth doing anyway, thanks. Maybe the general message of it will sink through even if they never let on to me.
    Would you consider yourself to have close friends, or at least some friends that could have visited you?
    Maybe they did not feel they could as they may not have known details of your ward etc especially if your parents had not passed all this info on.

Yes, although your parents may call you ungrateful I think its only fair they are made aware of how upset them not visiting made you. Also, by talking to them you may get to the bottom of the problem and find out why they did not visit you in the first place - as parents I think it should have been instinctive for them to see how you were as soon as possible.

I'd just like to say I hope you feel better now etc. If you need someone to chat to ever just PM me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon please.

I few hours ago I was discharged from hospital after being stabbed and beaten half to death in a mugging. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since; both the mugging, and my time at hospital.

I was there for a week before I got myself out of there. In the meantime I got to watch as all the other patients received visitors, gifts, and support from all these really concerned people.

No one visited me . Not even my parents...

You'd think that if someone you even liked was stabbed, you'd at least visit to see if they were alright... I mean I'm in the same city as them, and it's not even out of the way! And I was there for a week!

I don't think I've ever felt so worthless in my life. You ever have one of those moments where you're suddenly seeing everything more clearly? I badly need a hug, but I've just realised I have literally no close friend I could call for support. Maybe I'll do what I normally do when I need a hug, and go out with a 'free hugs' sign with purely selfish intentions .

Meh. University in 5 weeks or so... hopefully things will be different there. But somehow I doubt it. I thought the same for college, and my god did that go badly...
    Maybe you were asleep or drugged up??

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:
    They were probably there for the most important times when you needed them. Especially if you were sedated or had lengthy operations, you are most likely to not remember the majority of what happened.

Ask them about it. I doubt they'll be pleased about it if they realise you know they didn't come and see you. There really are *no* excuses for it if they didn't come see you.

ReputationRep:
    Damn, your social circle consists of *****, including your parents. I think you should move out as soon as you can and never return. I mean, the way your parents acted, that's just below all criticism.

I honestly don't know what else to say here. I'm just stunned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paxdax)
    Damn, your social circle consists of *****, including your parents. I think you should move out as soon as you can and never return. I mean, the way your parents acted, that's just below all criticism.

I honestly don't know what else to say here. I'm just stunned.
    I think you've probably said more than enough :p:

ReputationRep:
    What kind of relationship do you have with your parents, OP?

This is very bizarre. To get no visits from parents and friends. Strange.

ReputationRep:
    1. Thank god you are safe

2. Sorry about the mugging, its gonna take time before it all becomes "normal" again

3. I think its quite odd that you're parents didn't visit you not even ONCE.

Have a chat with them, tell them you were seriously injured, needed support and ask why they didn't bother to turn up!

ReputationRep:
    What a bunch of pricks, do you live with your parents? Seriously, you should be looking forward to Uni. and if your parents cannot give you a justify some really good damn reasons as to why they didn't visit you; then just cut contact. They're obviously careless.

ReputationRep:
    Thats terrible, i'm almost lost for words. Its one thing your friends, but your parents not coming to visit is another kettle of fish. Have you not received any support over this whatsoever?
    You deserve better OP :hugs:
    I'm sure you will meet some good friends at uni.

ReputationRep:
    AWWWW! I'm so sry to hear that! You're right and yeah i know how you feel!
    But let me say this, congradulations on getting outta there alive!
    As for everyone, now you know the truth about the people around you! Which should be a releaf!

Oh and here a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig hug!! :hugs:

Its ok your about to open ur eyes on a while new world dude! and many more ppl to meet.. some of which are actually worth it! CHIN UP! NO ONE CAN EVER MAKE YOU WORTHLESS!!!

ReputationRep:
    Glad you're ok. I can't believe no one came to visit you, not even your parents. Things will all change when you go uni. Hopefully you shall make much better friends. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I am absolutely gob smacked, to know that your parents didnt even visit you. That is really sad. I am sorry but that's just bloody wrong, your child is lying there in pain and you dont even visit him?!?!?!

Did they not even come once, not even a phone call? Dont get me wrong here but its just so hard to believe that no parents will visit there child, I really wish I could bring you some flowers, REALLY sorry to hear whats happened. How did this all happen the mugging and stuff?

Friends that's why I don't rely on them that much after all they are not friends but just strangers.
    Are your parents angry with you with anything at all , you might have done? Like sometimes my parents d ont talk to me if I have been naughty? I don't know, but I am sorry to hear about your situation, really sympathize.

ReputationRep:
    The main thing is that you're OK, I was in hospital 70 miles from my hometown and my parents came, even though my Mum couldn't drive and had to get the train, so I can't say I know how you feel, but I wouldn't worry about it because it's in the past and it's best to move on from it. :console:

ReputationRep:
    life's a ***** basically, you're on your own even if that sounds harsh

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.