The Student Room Group

P45

is it still a legal requirement for companies to give you a p45 for when you leave a job?
Yes, it's a legal requirement for employers to send a P45 to all ex-employees after they've left.
Original post by Ivy1234567
is it still a legal requirement for companies to give you a p45 for when you leave a job?

Yes its the law you need the P45 to give to your new employer
Reply 3
Original post by SAARAH.A5
Yes, it's a legal requirement for employers to send a P45 to all ex-employees after they've left.

what happens if they dont give you one? and they say that they don't have to. They showed me an article online which said that it wasn't a legal requirement anymore, but i didn't know if it was real or not.
what happens if they dont give you one? and they say that they don't have to. They showed me an article online which said that it wasn't a legal requirement anymore, but i didn't know if it was real or not.

If your employer fails to give you a P45 after being asked to do so, you should contact HMRC as they may encourage your employer to issue a P45.

If they don't give you one, contact HMRC who may be able to help. You can let them know that you no longer work for this employer, just so you don't accidentally get taxed on your next job (if you have one).
Seeing as your ex employer is saying that apparently you don't need one, it might be worth checking with ACAS or someone. Send them a quick email or something, just to see what they say about not giving one as they will know the ins and outs.
I find what your ex employer is saying slightly hard to believe but I may be wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending