The Student Room Group

Can you have a work/life balance as a commercial solicitor?

Why did you choose to work in a commercial law firm and do you have a work/life balance?
because i like the non-contentious transactional aspect and not litigation - yes you can but have to put the hours in
Reply 2
Thank you for this. I have been reading a lot about commercial law and I noticed that there are a lot of people applying for training contracts. Do you think it is because of the money? Do most trainees actually enjoy their job? I work excessively hard to do well for academics, however I also have experienced getting burnt out every year. Even though I love being busy and working hard, at the moment, I do not think commercial law is for me. I agree about the commute. Commuting in London seems time consuming. I heard about beds being at the MC law firms and that seems quite tough. I think that sleep is crucial. I also like to work in a separate environment and go home to relax.
it all depends on what you enjoy. I absolute hate advocacy and the whole litigation process with bundles and prelim hearings and all that jazz.

Quick Reply

Latest