Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I know it's a bit early, but this summer I was way too late in trying to sort out a job, and I've now started thinking about next summer.. I'd really love to travel somewhere, as I've never really had a holiday away from home without my family, and recently started considering holiday camps like PGL and Camp Beaumont.

I'll be 17 next summer so I think I'd be too old to attend the camp, but maybe I'd be able to get a job with one? If I could I'd be able to enjoy the facilities on camp (hopefully), make new friends, and earn money.

Right now, I have no experience at all, apart from having done D of E bronze (but will be doing silver this year too) and was wondering what I could start doing from now to prepare for a summer job at a camp?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Generally, when working with holiday camps like PGL, you won't need to have any specific qualifications- they tend to focus more on your personality when deciding if you'd be fit for the job. And they give you on the job training, so you don't Really need to prepare for it.

That said, doing a bit of voluntary work beforehand might make you a bit more attractive to them- show you're motivated and all that.

But you should check with the companies whether they'll hire you at 17. As far as I know they only employ people from 18 onwards...

ReputationRep:
    We're all focused on Xmas 2008 jobs for now.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.