The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

are u having a laugh or something getting Gcses at A grade is excellent and i wouldnt say there were rubbish grades.geting a grade D in Mathematics which i did this year when i wanted a C is a rubbish grade,i am actually going back and re-taking again to improve on it gradewise as i didnt revise enough.It gets on my nerves these type of threads :mad:
OMW wise up, them grades are amazing. You are taking a complete p*** take lol. People got lower grades than you how is that supposed to make them feel? Get over it you did great.
Reply 22
RobbieH
If that's the case, it isn't the end of the world. Your employment prospects will still be decent. Such universities include say Essex, Keele, Swansea etc.

Alternatively, you could work your socks off to go to a Top 20 university. But don't count on it if you don't make it.

You are kidding, right? If not you've no idea what you're talking about so get lost.
Reply 23
River85
You are kidding, right? If not you've no idea what you're talking about so get lost.

probably not, but surely he didn't mean it the way it looks.
Reply 24
River85

Quit trolling. I've noticed you stalking these kind of topics.
Reply 25
Amit92
Hey guys,

I bet most of you were pretty happy on results day with the best grades of your Life,well I wasen't!

I opened to my envolope and discovered the shock of my Life which was CRAP GCSE grades!

In Maths I was predicted A and I got a B! :frown:
In English Language predicted a B/C and I got a B! :biggrin:
In Science Core predicted B/C and I got a B! :biggrin:
In English Literature predicted U, because I got entered to do the exam 2weeks before the actual exam! So I had 2weeks to learn the whole course which would normally be 1year and I got a C! :biggrin:
In Media I was predicted a B and I got a B! :biggrin:
In Drama I was predicted a A and I got a B! :frown:
In Food Tech I was predicted a B and I got a B,but I felt like I did really well in the exam and I should of got an A! :s-smilie:
In Business & Communican Systems I was predicted an A* and I got an A! :frown:
In R.E I was predicted an A* and I got an A! :frown:
In B-TEC PE I was predicted a Distinction and I got a Distinction which is worth 2A*s at GCSE! :biggrin:
In A.L.A.N I got a B LOL! :biggrin:

So overall I got 2A*s,2As,7Bs and 1C! I wish I got less "Bs" and more "As"!

I think I have no chance of getting into a top university now because of these rubbish grades?!?

Even if I do good at college I think I won't have a chance of getting into a Top20 University?!?

What do guys think I should do!

Amit

Right Amit, I can see why you are upset and feel they are rubbish compared to what you know you could have achieved, (same with me) so I know how you feel.

BUT
they are pretty excellent grades, so stop worrying about the grades you coulda got and focus on what you did get.
Don't be stupid, you can easily get into a good university! Just focus more on the A Levels okay?
Reply 26
the guy just wants an ego boost. It's okay asking if they're good enough for a super elite uni (which they're probably pushing it) but saying they're crap is taking the piss. Go fail at life with that arrogant attitude.
Reply 27
jjkkll
probably not, but surely he didn't mean it the way it looks.

Maybe not and I didn't mean to be so rude (it's just I've seen a couple of unhelpful posts from that member so was quick to judge) and I don't mean to show any disrespect to Kent, Keele etc. but I don't know how anyone, who know what they are talking about, can say such a thing.

Oxbridge barely focus on GCSEs, apart from the obious, and the other top unis that may look at them (to greater or lesser degrees) and usually don't interview such as Durham, LSE, Bristol, UCL, Nottingham, the redbricks etc.

In other words, on the basis of GCSEs alone, no university is beyond the OP's reach. Depeding on course obviously.

WOLLSMOTH
Quit trolling. I've noticed you stalking these kind of topics.

:rofl:

Oh dear....takes one to know one :wink:
lol @ OP for being a douchebag
I Only had to read your sig to decide what to say:-

Go away and leave these theads fo people who genuinely didn't do well

Irritating
Are freakin' serious?! What the ****?!
God, what if you heard the grades of the kids at my school! WTF man!
I think you're the perfectionest type.. But to be honest, recalibrate your scales!
I thought UCL did interview.

And to the OP, I got a similar Year 11 record to you and am applying to Oxford for History so don't be silly.
Reply 32
jermaindefoe
6 C
1 D
2 E
(and walked out the religious ed exam - all be it 6 years ago)

i hate people that moan bout there G.C.S.E's for attention, when clearly there above national average

OK hate me but I have to say it's pretty impressive to get 2 wrong from there / their / they're - in one sentence!
Reply 33
The OPs results are not rubbish at all!. Now mine were rubbish, I got a D for biology, an E for english and a U for maths. It meant bugger all anyway as I went to college and improved my grades. I now have A levels.....which kind of proves that GCSE results dont mean much but A level results do.
AMummy
OK hate me but I have to say it's pretty impressive to get 2 wrong from there / their / they're - in one sentence!

i just type quick, whatever is easiest, u understood what i meant so the spelling isnt important
Don't feed the troll.
OP you've done well. Perhaps not as well as you wanted to do. But they are not rubbish perfectly respectable grades.
:rolleyes: THERE GOOD!!!!

Jeez imagine if you failed :frown:
Guys, is the OP even looking at this?
Reply 39
You failed big time...you have no chance of getting into any uni now ..let alone top 20.:smile:

Latest