Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMummy)
    OK hate me but I have to say it's pretty impressive to get 2 wrong from there / their / they're - in one sentence!
    I think its impressive that certain people are so up their own arse that they're willing to be pedantic about every post that has a spelling and grammar mistake. Sure spelling and grammar mistakes annoy me, but I don't go and correct every mistake someone makes.

Granted if you were posting something OTHER than a correction it would be OK, but the fact that you posted a comment just to correct someone is quite sad.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    sounds to me like you want the ego boast and everyone to tell you, you did great etc, well your not getting it here.
    I got B's C's and D's and I was flipping well more chuffed with my D maths than I was most of my other grades, and I still went on to get A-Levels and a decent degree.

ReputationRep:
    pffft I thought there was finally going to be a thread where bad grades meant U's, E's and perhaps some D's.
    Silly me eh

ReputationRep:
    No offence, but I really hate people like you.

ReputationRep:
    Listen, your not going to get into any university, not even Thames Valley with those grades, shame on you. Even if you get straight A's for A-levels.

No company will even give you a job because you did so rubbish. I really hope you find a way out of this mess because your life is seriously over.

For ****s sake. People like you just bloody irritate me.

ReputationRep:
    From gradeinfo.co.uk

Your percentile is 93.94%. This means that you outperformed around 610600 people in these exams. It also means that you stand at around place 39400 out of all 650,000 students. Finally, it means that only around 1 in every 19 students taking GCSEs have your level of ability and above.
    My friend got an A, 2/3 B, 2/3 C, 2 D and an F (in French). And you know what? I don't regard them as rubbish grades at all, especially as he goes to a school which is only just not on the government's hit list. Count your blessings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    You are kidding, right? If not you've no idea what you're talking about so get lost.
    Eh? You should have quoted everything I said. :cool:
    (and took your time to read it).

ReputationRep:
    I can appreciate what the op is saying though because I was cocky and was lining myself up for 4 A* and 7 A and was predicted 11A* but I ended up walking away with 6 A and 5 B which I thought was really bad but then people did exactly the same to me as they have done with you and told me to crawl out of my ass (lol!) and then I started to see that they arent that bad, as you should with yours. You can still get into oxbridge and all of the london and scottish universities with those GCSEs, just pull your finger out and work really hard at college/sixth form.

ReputationRep:
    Why even bother making this thread?
    Eugh.
    do well in your A Levels and you'll get into a good university.
    Take another look at your GCSE's before you say you got rubish ones.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sick to death of these threads. They aren't rubbish. They're very good. Now, get over yourself, and get working on your AS levels, because they count for a hell of a lot more than GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amit92)
    Hey guys,

I bet most of you were pretty happy on results day with the best grades of your Life,well I wasen't!

I opened to my envolope and discovered the shock of my Life which was CRAP GCSE grades!

In Maths I was predicted A and I got a B!
    In English Language predicted a B/C and I got a B!
    In Science Core predicted B/C and I got a B!
    In English Literature predicted U, because I got entered to do the exam 2weeks before the actual exam! So I had 2weeks to learn the whole course which would normally be 1year and I got a C!
    In Media I was predicted a B and I got a B!
    In Drama I was predicted a A and I got a B!
    In Food Tech I was predicted a B and I got a B,but I felt like I did really well in the exam and I should of got an A!
    In Business & Communican Systems I was predicted an A* and I got an A!
    In R.E I was predicted an A* and I got an A!
    In B-TEC PE I was predicted a Distinction and I got a Distinction which is worth 2A*s at GCSE!
    In A.L.A.N I got a B LOL!

So overall I got 2A*s,2As,7Bs and 1C! I wish I got less "Bs" and more "As"!

I think I have no chance of getting into a top university now because of these rubbish grades?!?

Even if I do good at college I think I won't have a chance of getting into a Top20 University?!?

What do guys think I should do!

Amit
    You should consider taking your own life. With only 12 GCSE's at this level of mediocrity you're obviously going to be one of life's losers.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I bet most of you were pretty happy on results day with the best grades of your Life,well I wasen't!

I opened to my envolope and discovered the shock of my Life which was CRAP GCSE grades!

Amit
    nah thats fine , the top 2/3 ask for 5 A* , but others should be fine, top 25 definetly , dont be stupid lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous.)
    Listen, your not going to get into any university, not even Thames Valley with those grades, shame on you. Even if you get straight A's for A-levels.

No company will even give you a job because you did so rubbish. I really hope you find a way out of this mess because your life is seriously over.

For ****s sake. People like you just bloody irritate me.
    lmao look at the coward who couldnt even show his name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenwaytph)
    No, that's his/her actual username.

ReputationRep:
    So what if you didn't get your predicted grades? A lot of people don't. I was predicted 5 A's, i got 1. I wasn't overly upset, as i still got good grades.

Get over yourself!

ReputationRep:
    *looked at this thread in digust then leaves* :run:

ReputationRep:
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenwaytph)

oh boo hoo, get a grip. ****ing idiot. You really need your eyes checked.

ReputationRep:
    I really hope your not being serious! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

In Maths I was predicted A and I got a B!
    In English Language predicted a B/C and I got a B!
    In Science Core predicted B/C and I got a B!
    In English Literature predicted U, because I got entered to do the exam 2weeks before the actual exam! So I had 2weeks to learn the whole course which would normally be 1year and I got a C!
    In Media I was predicted a B and I got a B!
    In Drama I was predicted a A and I got a B!
    In Food Tech I was predicted a B and I got a B,but I felt like I did really well in the exam and I should of got an A!
    In Business & Communican Systems I was predicted an A* and I got an A!
    In R.E I was predicted an A* and I got an A!
    In B-TEC PE I was predicted a Distinction and I got a Distinction which is worth 2A*s at GCSE!
    In A.L.A.N I got a B LOL!

So overall I got 2A*s,2As,7Bs and 1C! I wish I got less "Bs" and more "As"!

I think I have no chance of getting into a top university now because of these rubbish grades?!?

Even if I do good at college I think I won't have a chance of getting into a Top20 University?!?

What do guys think I should do!

Amit
    Hmm.. Well they are **** compared to your predictions and I inderstand why you are upset, i would be too. Obviously if you do well at AS then there isnt any reason you wouldnt get into anywhere (except maybe oxbridge, but even then if you rape your modules you will get in).....so dont worry too much about it. The only place i would say you can't get into is LSE, they are little ****ers about GCSE's.

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.