Turn on thread page Beta

I got Rubbish GCSEs! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    OP, I know how you feel. My grades (in my sig) are considered well above average but I'm not happy with them at all. Everybody has their own standards, and your grades didn't match up to what you thought you were capable of. GCSEs are not that important for your uni application, universities just want to see you've done 'well', and As and Bs is fine. Just try hard for your AS and you should be OK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solid_Snake_100)
    Hmm.. Well they are **** compared to your predictions and I inderstand why you are upset, i would be too. Obviously if you do well at AS then there isnt any reason you wouldnt get into anywhere (except maybe oxbridge, but even then if you rape your modules you will get in).....so dont worry too much about it. The only place i would say you can't get into is LSE, they are little ****ers about GCSE's.
    Omg. Are my GCSEs alright for LSE? That was my dream, I wanted to apply for Law. . :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by persian.royalty)
    Omg. Are my GCSEs alright for LSE? That was my dream, I wanted to apply for Law. . :confused:

YES!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous.)
    oh boo hoo, get a grip. ****ing idiot. You really need your eyes checked.
    Hahahahahah nice one. Burnedddddddd.

ReputationRep:
    OMG what awful grades. Im so sorry to have to tell you this but you don't have a future. If only you'd done that extra bit of revision. Sorry but you're a failure.

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjkkll)
    YES!
    Thank God.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you'll be able to get into ANY Uni with those grades. McDonalds may be a possibility though :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah_The_Moose)
    I don't think you'll be able to get into ANY Uni with those grades. McDonalds may be a possibility though :rolleyes:
    Dont be silly:- Everyone knows Mcdonalds has minimum requirements above his grades...

Standards are standards :p:

ReputationRep:
    You people are EVIL! I was disappointed too. It is about personal expectations, and knowing how much you are capable of. If you get lower you would naturally be upset.

Don't worry OP, just try hard for your AS and A2.

ReputationRep:
    lol @ OP. you've got crap GCSEs AND i shagged yer mam

ReputationRep:
    Shut up, just shut up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by persian.royalty)
    Yours are fine!

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to go LSE aswell for Economics or Economics & Maths degree! So ive failed already to go LSE! Im just going to work harder at AS/A-level!

ReputationRep:
    You could always have a couple of kids to get yourself on benefits and then swap them for a Westlife CD :rolleyes:

Bs really aren't bad.

ReputationRep:
    you're either a ****ing idiot or a troll. I hope you're a troll.

ReputationRep:
    I knew this thread wasn't going to go well and I was even considering *neg before I opened it:eek:

Amit-you really need to understand (and foolish others)that your grades are more than good. some people are happy with 1A* never mind 2 which you have. remember you achieved all A-C's (well only one C)and that is an achievment and what uni's mainly require. seriously don't be sad with those grades and concentrate on getting good a levels now.

*nevermind found some bigger fool to neg.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    lol at all the negative responses - so similar to other threads...

OP - OK, so you did worse than you were predicted/thought you would do. It's not the end of the world. I was predicted 9A*s and 1 A at GCSE, and I got 7A*s 2As and 1 B. Yeah, so I thought "oh crap, my history teacher is going to kill me", but I soon got over it. Your results are far higher than average. You did not fail. Your chances of going to a "top20" uni (pah) are fine. GCSEs do not matter as much as you think they do at the time. Your A-levels are SO much more important.

I would also like to drag your attention towards the fact that in your opening post you have 6 x and only 4 x . Therefore you should not be upset. Your happy smilies outdo your sad ones.

Just in case you don't feel any better - I have a friend who just got into Oxford to read History and she didn't get any A*s at GCSE, in fact she got more Bs and Cs than As. So it doesn't matter. Really.

DON'T KEEP PANICKING!

*realised that the above statement is kind of ironic, so am changing it to

Don't keep panicking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    i just type quick, whatever is easiest, u understood what i meant so the spelling isnt important
    You're fine ... I was just being funny - and I've got too much time on my hands!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss__this_x)
    I think its impressive that certain people are so up their own arse that they're willing to be pedantic about every post that has a spelling and grammar mistake. Sure spelling and grammar mistakes annoy me, but I don't go and correct every mistake someone makes.

Granted if you were posting something OTHER than a correction it would be OK, but the fact that you posted a comment just to correct someone is quite sad.

:rolleyes:
    You've cut me to the very core ... oh, hold on - I'm over it.
    Have a nice day!

ReputationRep:
    Those grades are bad??????

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.