cyndiali
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi all, I got a problem when applying Loughborough.😞Someone help me please...

I got a conditional offer of media subject from Loughborough last week, but when I do more research on what I really want to study. I found that I would like to learn more in business that can combine the knowledge with media subject I’ve learned in ug. So I go to the website and apply two subjects named innovation and management / manage innovation of creative organisation. But I just realised that they both in the London campus 🤦🏻*♀️ I really want to study in Loughborough. So, my problem is.....I applied FOUR pg!!!!!!!!! I’m worrying about professors may think that Im confuse on my future career and development that I’m not able to get offer of my first choice 🤧🤧🤧
I want to study the international business in Loughborough 😭
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by cyndiali)

I got a conditional offer of media subject from Loughborough last week, but when I do more research on what I really want to study. I found that I would like to learn more in business that can combine the knowledge with media subject I’ve learned in ug. So I go to the website and apply two subjects named innovation and management / manage innovation of creative organisation. But I just realised that they both in the London campus 🤦🏻*♀️ I really want to study in Loughborough. So, my problem is.....I applied FOUR pg!!!!!!!!! I’m worrying about professors may think that Im confuse on my future career and development that I’m not able to get offer of my first choice 🤧🤧🤧
I wouldn't worry too much about it.

The Uni won't mind that you have applied to more than one postgrad course, they will still give you an offer for the course you want if your grades match what they are asking for and you seem like you could cope with it.

My daughter kept changing her mind before finally deciding on her postgrad course - even after she started at the uni she was switching from Marketing to Human Resources then back to Marketing - the uni didn't mind at all.
Loughborough University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by cyndiali)

Hi cyndiali,

There is absolutely no need to worry! There is no cap on the number of programmes students can apply for at Postgraduate level, as long as when you receive your offers you only accept one.

If anything we find that applying for multiple programmes across multiple departments to be encouraging as it shows that you are multidisciplinary in your thinking and you understand how different programmes can influence your future career path. If you are still concerned feel free to drop us a PM and we can discuss it in more depth with you.

Best Wishes,
Emily
cyndiali
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Loughborough University)
Hi cyndiali,

There is absolutely no need to worry! There is no cap on the number of programmes students can apply for at Postgraduate level, as long as when you receive your offers you only accept one.

If anything we find that applying for multiple programmes across multiple departments to be encouraging as it shows that you are multidisciplinary in your thinking and you understand how different programmes can influence your future career path. If you are still concerned feel free to drop us a PM and we can discuss it in more depth with you.

Best Wishes,
Emily
(Original post by harrysbar)
I wouldn't worry too much about it.

The Uni won't mind that you have applied to more than one postgrad course, they will still give you an offer for the course you want if your grades match what they are asking for and you seem like you could cope with it.

My daughter kept changing her mind before finally deciding on her postgrad course - even after she started at the uni she was switching from Marketing to Human Resources then back to Marketing - the uni didn't mind at all.

Thank you so much!!!! I’m looking forward for the reply from the school now ☺️ thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (70)
18.82%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (68)
18.28%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
20.97%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (39)
10.48%
I haven't started researching yet (41)
11.02%

Watched Threads