TheRealMugiwara
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello fellow TSR users,
I am looking for some confirmations.
So I went through what they had to say at the DAAD website for Direct university entrance with GCE/IAL.
And it mentioned about 3 full subjects and 1 AS.
On top of that they also mentioned that 2 AS are also accepted instead of 1 full subject.
So I have decided to make some changes to my subjects’ list and it is as follows: Math(full), Physics(full), Chemistry(AS), Accounting(AS), German(AS).
So if someone has gone through the same situation/process, I would like some confirmation regarding the 2 AS being accepted as 1 full A level issue.
Also about the requirement of one of the subjects being a language, will German AS suffice or does it have to be some other language other than German?

Thank you for sharing your knowledge.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TheRealMugiwara)
Hello fellow TSR users,
I am looking for some confirmations.
So I went through what they had to say at the DAAD website for Direct university entrance with GCE/IAL.
And it mentioned about 3 full subjects and 1 AS.
On top of that they also mentioned that 2 AS are also accepted instead of 1 full subject.
So I have decided to make some changes to my subjects’ list and it is as follows: Math(full), Physics(full), Chemistry(AS), Accounting(AS), German(AS).
So if someone has gone through the same situation/process, I would like some confirmation regarding the 2 AS being accepted as 1 full A level issue.
Also about the requirement of one of the subjects being a language, will German AS suffice or does it have to be some other language other than German?

Thank you for sharing your knowledge.
You will have to check with the unis you wish to apply to but I know with UK unis, some don't like people having 2AS instead of 1 full subject. The reason for this is AS levels are a bit easier than A levels
TheRealMugiwara
Rep:
?
Sir I am not talking about UK in this instance.
And yeah thank you for ur response.
I wanted to see if anyone can help me before directly contacting the University.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by TheRealMugiwara)
Sir I am not talking about UK in this instance.
And yeah thank you for ur response.
I wanted to see if anyone can help me before directly contacting the University.
Well this is a UK site so I don't think many people will have in depth knowledge about how University Admissions works in Germany, but you may get lucky. If not, I would contact the Uni directly on Monday
TheRealMugiwara
Rep:
?
I see. Well I came here as I saw discussions on similar topics before, so I thought this is a global forum for students. Well thanks anyway that’s news to me. Hope I do get lucky😌
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (71)
19.03%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.38%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (68)
18.23%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
20.91%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (39)
10.46%
I haven't started researching yet (41)
10.99%

Watched Threads