The Student Room Group

how to get a job at primark?

any advise would be much appreciated
Original post by Kim19781978
any advise would be much appreciated
I used to work at Primark so hopefully I can help a little. Honestly I don't know how important your actual application is. I applied numerous times before being successful with literally the same application to the exact same store. My only real advice would be to apply EARLY. I was unsuccessful until I signed up for email notifications on the primark careers site, so they notified me when any new jobs became available at my local store. When one did come up I applied straight away and got an interview!

I used to work at Primark so hopefully I can help a little. Honestly I don't know how important your actual application is. I applied numerous times before being successful with literally the same application to the exact same store. My only real advice would be to apply EARLY. I was unsuccessful until I signed up for email notifications on the primark careers site, so they notified me when any new jobs became available at my local store. When one did come up I applied straight away and got an interview!

If you get offered an interview then you've basically got the job. The interview is so easy and relaxed, you get asked a handful of questions which are just common sense. Your best bet for getting a job there is through a summer or christmas temp job (I got mine through a summer one and was subsequently made permanent). From what I've heard they're not taking any summer temps this year (at least at the store I used to work at) so you might not have any luck until they hire again for christmas (normally October time they start advertising).

But honestly, the job isn't that great, and I wouldn't narrow your focus to just primark. It's great for a job alongside your studies as the hours are flexible and there's always extra hours going if you want it, but there's little room to progress and no real reward to working there (you don't even get staff discount all the time)... All the best in applying though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending