A*A*D*A*
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
1.Do I have to take ALL my stuff out of my student accommodation room every half-term or is it only once at the end of the year?

2. Is there like a set day where people's parents come to load the stuff into the car and leave or doe everyone leave on different days?
justjas33
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
As for your first question, it depends on the weeks on your contract. Typically if it’s a 40 week contract it covers half terms so you won’t have to move out until the end of the year for summer
A*A*D*A*
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by justjas33)
As for your first question, it depends on the weeks on your contract. Typically if it’s a 40 week contract it covers half terms so you won’t have to move out until the end of the year for summer
Okay thanks
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by A*A*D*A*)
1.Do I have to take ALL my stuff out of my student accommodation room every half-term or is it only once at the end of the year?

2. Is there like a set day where people's parents come to load the stuff into the car and leave or doe everyone leave on different days?
For most unis you can stay through the holidays. You'll be made aware if you need to fully move out though.

Everyone leaves on different days whenever it suits them once they've finished studying.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by A*A*D*A*)

Hey A*A*D*A*!

Most accommodations will allow you to stay during any holidays during the year, but you should double-check your contract. So you won't need to take anything out of your room or even leave if you don't want to.

In my first year flat, we all moved out on different days. I moved out of there as soon as I had my last exam in mid-May, yet I know people who stayed for a little bit longer than me and some who stayed till the end of the tenancy.

Hope this helps!

Courtney -- Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (33)
8.03%
Confident (55)
13.38%
Indifferent (58)
14.11%
Unsure (105)
25.55%
Worried (160)
38.93%

Watched Threads