Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Someone please say, I want to avoid roadmen as much as possible. Are people there ambitious and motivated? I haven’t visited it yet due to covid.
Ronald Kray
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
To be perfectly honest, if you define a chav as someone who achieves BCC at A-Level then that's a little bit silly. I don't have A-Levels, i'll still be at Aston come September. Also, i am not a chav. :P

You shouldn't worry too much about what your friends think of the university, it's you that will be there for the next 3 or 4 years.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
No I don’t mean it that way. It’s entry requirements are decent (although a tad bit low imo, nearly all courses are BBB or lower, even its business school courses compared to its counterpart UOB). People there look positive (e.g the student ambassadors online), the course content and placement year look good. But I haven’t visited Aston so I had to make a decision based on my friend who said it looked chavvy on the offer holder day and the accommodations stunk of weed. I am ambitious and don’t want to be surrounded by people who are drinkers and focused on partying. Thanks for the response though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (60)
19.05%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (67)
21.27%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (59)
18.73%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (67)
21.27%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (31)
9.84%
I haven't started researching yet (31)
9.84%

Watched Threads