Is King's still accepting applications from international students?

Watch
msak02
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I was looking at Law programmes on UCAS, and saw that KCL's page for Law said that they have limited vacancies available, and only international students are eligible to apply.

What does this mean?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by msak02)
I was looking at Law programmes on UCAS, and saw that KCL's page for Law said that they have limited vacancies available, and only international students are eligible to apply.

What does this mean?
It means what it says, but if you're confused, contact the university directly.
msak02
Rep:
?
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
It means what it says, but if you're confused, contact the university directly.
Doesn't UCAS close on the 15th of Jan? How come KCL is still considering new applications?
esaaa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Doesn't UCAS close on the 15th of Jan? How come KCL is still considering new applications?
its ucas extra, there are many courses with vacancies this year, I recently applied for eee at kings. I'd say apply asap if you have good grades the spaces might fill up and ucas extra is closing in a few days
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
15th June is not a deadline. It is the last date universities have to give equal consideration to everyone. You can apply after that but the university can just reject you if they wish.Nearly all universities accept international non EU cases even in UCAS.
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
15 January is the equal consideration deadline for Home/EU students. International students are often encouraged to apply later if places are still available.

When you looked, KCL was still advertising places for Law, but only for International students --- it is not in Extra for Home/EU students. If you want to apply, the deadline is 6 p.m. on 30 June.
msak02
Rep:
?
(Original post by 学生の父)
15 January is the equal consideration deadline for Home/EU students. International students are often encouraged to apply later if places are still available.

When you looked, KCL was still advertising places for Law, but only for International students --- it is not in Extra for Home/EU students. If you want to apply, the deadline is 6 p.m. on 30 June.
Thanks! Would you know if this means that their requirements may be lowered or would it be comparatively tougher to get in?
Last edited by msak02; 1 week ago
msak02
Rep:
?
(Original post by esaaa)
its ucas extra, there are many courses with vacancies this year, I recently applied for eee at kings. I'd say apply asap if you have good grades the spaces might fill up and ucas extra is closing in a few days
Did you already have your A-Level (I’m assuming) grades when you applied? Was your application successful? Lastly, where are you from?

thank you by the way
msak02
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
15th June is not a deadline. It is the last date universities have to give equal consideration to everyone. You can apply after that but the university can just reject you if they wish.Nearly all universities accept international non EU cases even in UCAS.
understood, thank you
esaaa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Did you already have your A-Level (I’m assuming) grades when you applied? Was your application successful? Lastly, where are you from?

thank you by the way
im still waiting for a decision, I didn't have A-levels but I had sat scores. and Im from turkey
msak02
Rep:
?
(Original post by esaaa)
im still waiting for a decision, I didn't have A-levels but I had sat scores. and Im from turkey
Oh alright, I hope your application is successful! good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (71)
19.03%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.38%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (68)
18.23%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
20.91%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (39)
10.46%
I haven't started researching yet (41)
10.99%

Watched Threads