I got a 4 in foundation Maths and am doing A Levels what can i do to get a B

Watch
TheMathGrinder
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm in my first year of a level maths and i did very badly in the GCSE's however i've always loved engineering and want to do it in uni however i need a good grade in maths any tips on what i should do and how to go about this.
iamjoecll
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by TheMathGrinder)
I'm in my first year of a level maths and i did very badly in the GCSE's however i've always loved engineering and want to do it in uni however i need a good grade in maths any tips on what i should do and how to go about this.
Honestly, the best thing you could do is get a private tutor. I know a lot of people cannot afford this but, it seriously helped me so much. I got an A in my GCSE and when I did my a level there were a lot of areas I struggled with. However, I got private courses with a teacher and he helped me so much especially in ways the questions came and how to answer them to specifically get higher grades.

If you can't choose this option, a big help was doing classified questions and past papers!! It seriously made stuff so much easier to grasp because a lot of the questions come in a very similar style (at least for Edexcel) and always ask your teacher for help if you are stuck in anything!!

I really hope you do well and get the grades you want!!
(BTW do not be discouraged by anyone saying just because you got a 4 that you can't possibly get a B in your a level because if you work hard enough you can reach anything you want)
TheMathGrinder
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by iamjoecll)
Honestly, the best thing you could do is get a private tutor. I know a lot of people cannot afford this but, it seriously helped me so much. I got an A in my GCSE and when I did my a level there were a lot of areas I struggled with. However, I got private courses with a teacher and he helped me so much especially in ways the questions came and how to answer them to specifically get higher grades.

If you can't choose this option, a big help was doing classified questions and past papers!! It seriously made stuff so much easier to grasp because a lot of the questions come in a very similar style (at least for Edexcel) and always ask your teacher for help if you are stuck in anything!!

I really hope you do well and get the grades you want!!
(BTW do not be discouraged by anyone saying just because you got a 4 that you can't possibly get a B in your a level because if you work hard enough you can reach anything you want)

Thank you so much for the reply and thank for the tips and i will probably get a maths tutor(cuz i really need it), as well i found some websites to help me out as well so at least i can solidify my knowledge of maths that way for now

Thank you so much for the reply and thank for the tips and i will probably get a maths tutor(cuz i really need it), as well i found some websites to help me out as well so at least i can solidify my knowledge of maths that way for now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (34)
8%
Confident (55)
12.94%
Indifferent (60)
14.12%
Unsure (110)
25.88%
Worried (166)
39.06%

Watched Threads

Latest