Trinity College Dublin Accommodation

Watch
baxteria2003
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
what student accommodation should I apply for at Trinity College Dublin? Any recommendations for 1st year undergrads?
Slash_bae
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi! I've applied to start in 2020, and Trinity Hall is definitely where you want to apply, it's the most affordable of the tcd accommodation options as well as being the main block of accommodation. It has the largest set of support staff for international students as well, so you can settle in better. It's also in a nice location in the southside, and the rooms are pretty nice and very light (much better than things I've seen in universities in the U.K.).

If you're applying for next year, I can answer lots of your questions if you want!
baxteria2003
Rep:
?
(Original post by Slash_bae)
Hi! I've applied to start in 2020, and Trinity Hall is definitely where you want to apply, it's the most affordable of the tcd accommodation options as well as being the main block of accommodation. It has the largest set of support staff for international students as well, so you can settle in better. It's also in a nice location in the southside, and the rooms are pretty nice and very light (much better than things I've seen in universities in the U.K.).

If you're applying for next year, I can answer lots of your questions if you want!
thank you so much this is so helpful! do you know what happens if you don't get it/when you find out if you've got it? are u applying from the UK too?
BridgetLuna
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey, did you apply for Trinity Hall? I'm trying to apply now, even though I know it's a bit of a risk as the applications closed last month and I'll have to wait the Round 1 offer date ( I think so anyway). The reason I'm asking is that I have a question about the application. The
Slash_bae
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by baxteria2003)
thank you so much this is so helpful! do you know what happens if you don't get it/when you find out if you've got it? are u applying from the UK too?
Normally you would find out if you have a provisional spot (as you don't have an offer until post-results) about a month ago, but rn they've delayed so that they can figure out if they need to do social distancing within the flats- I think we find out soon. I'm applying from the UK, if you have any questions- lemme know!
Slash_bae
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by BridgetLuna)
Hey, did you apply for Trinity Hall? I'm trying to apply now, even though I know it's a bit of a risk as the applications closed last month and I'll have to wait the Round 1 offer date ( I think so anyway). The reason I'm asking is that I have a question about the application. The
Hi, I applied for Trinity Hall- you definitely like a risk lmao, what do you want to know? X
BridgetLuna
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Funny, my message above was cut off. What I was gonna ask is about the 'supporting statement' that you have to include in your application. Is it a long statement about yourself, your interests and motivation (more like a personal statement) or is it a just a brief note on any special requirements (if you have any) and your hobbies? I'm just confused as it says you have a maximum of 1800 characters, but I just think it odd that you would have to write such a long statement for an application for student accommodation.
baxteria2003
Rep:
?
(Original post by BridgetLuna)
aww sorry babe i'm applying next year so i don't know!
baxteria2003
Rep:
?
(Original post by Slash_bae)
Normally you would find out if you have a provisional spot (as you don't have an offer until post-results) about a month ago, but rn they've delayed so that they can figure out if they need to do social distancing within the flats- I think we find out soon. I'm applying from the UK, if you have any questions- lemme know!
thanks so much this is so useful! do u know when the application for Trinity Hall opens? Where abouts u from?
hermioneksuce
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Heya I've also applied to start Trinity 2020 although found out last week my application for halls was unsuccessful! Gutted and was panicking but saw you could apply for Binary and Kavangh court- any ideas what these are like and which i should apply to? Just wondering which is best for first year students
Last edited by hermioneksuce; 2 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (83)
18.74%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (90)
20.32%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.96%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (96)
21.67%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (44)
9.93%
I haven't started researching yet (46)
10.38%

Watched Threads