The Student Room Group

What career path should I choose? Is dentistry a good career path?

Hi I have been researching several career paths but I cannot decide which career path to do. I am currently doing Chemistry, Biology and Maths in my A levels. I am extremely confused on what to do. Furthermore, I was planning to go into dentistry but now I am unsure if that's a good path.
Are there not many dentist jobs in the uk.
Original post by H2k20
Hi I have been researching several career paths but I cannot decide which career path to do. I am currently doing Chemistry, Biology and Maths in my A levels. I am extremely confused on what to do. Furthermore, I was planning to go into dentistry but now I am unsure if that's a good path.
Are there not many dentist jobs in the uk.

I don't understand why you have to choose a career path at the age of 16 or 17... :confused: Choose a degree in a field that interests you and try doing that. If that happens to be Dentistry, Chemistry etc, then go with that. If you're not set on Dentistry, then of course don't go with that.
Hey. I think dentistry is a really good career path. There are many jobs available in the UK and as soon as you graduate, (with a good interview score) you get placed in a location you choose so have a guaranteed job. You can ask me any question about the application process. Yet again do intensive research before deciding x
Reply 3
Original post by thedentchlox
Hey. I think dentistry is a really good career path. There are many jobs available in the UK and as soon as you graduate, (with a good interview score) you get placed in a location you choose so have a guaranteed job. You can ask me any question about the application process. Yet again do intensive research before deciding x

Thanks for replying.
I was wondering if you have any experience in the dental field and how life is like for a NHS dentist.
Original post by H2k20
Thanks for replying.
I was wondering if you have any experience in the dental field and how life is like for a NHS dentist.

No sorry. Im starting dental school this year. Harsh reality is that a lot of NHS dentists are not as happy as dentists in the private sector. This is because some NHS dentists feel like they are not able to give the best Possible care to patients due to cuts and having to see a lot of patients in a day. But this is SOME. Thats why many dentists move to private.
Reply 5
Original post by thedentchlox
No sorry. Im starting dental school this year. Harsh reality is that a lot of NHS dentists are not as happy as dentists in the private sector. This is because some NHS dentists feel like they are not able to give the best Possible care to patients due to cuts and having to see a lot of patients in a day. But this is SOME. Thats why many dentists move to private.

Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest