Hsandhu
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi, I think I am going to apply to the Management Bsc at Warwick. However, I’ve been told business and management is a ‘Weak‘ degree and not a good use of my potential. Is this true? Would I be better off doing a more numerate degree? Ultimately I want to work in the finance/banking sector I think.
Buttmuffin
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Hsandhu)
Hi, I think I am going to apply to the Management Bsc at Warwick. However, I’ve been told business and management is a ‘Weak‘ degree and not a good use of my potential. Is this true? Would I be better off doing a more numerate degree? Ultimately I want to work in the finance/banking sector I think.
However, I’ve been told business and management is a ‘Weak‘ degree and not a good use of my potential. Is this true? > Yes, it's "weak". Not necessary true regarding your potential.

Would I be better off doing a more numerate degree?
> Not necessarily. Investment banking doesn't require significant numerical skill
Warwick Business School
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Hsandhu)
Hello Hsandhu

I hope you are well

It is great to see that you are interested in our BSc Management course at WBS, you may also want to consider our BSC Accounting & Finance course if you are interested in working in the finance/banking sector?

Our BSc Management course is one of our most flexible degrees at WBS, I'm not sure if you are already aware of this but during the final two years of the course, you have the opportunity to tailor your degree to suit your interests and career aspirations. You can either continue to follow a generalist route in business and management to keep your career options open or choose one of our recognised pathways in Finance, Marketing, Digital Innovation or Entrepreneurship to improve your employability in that area. Your transcript on graduation will reflect this, adding even more value to your degree when applying for work in the sector.

Therefore if you are interested in finance but still want to do a BSc Management course this could be a great option for you. If you would like any further information check out our website https://www.wbs.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/management/ or feel free to ask me any questions you may have

Francesca
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (289)
55.79%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.21%

Watched Threads