The Student Room Group

Student Finance Appeal Assistance

Hi I was wondering if anyone else has had any problem with appeal SF and has any tips.
I dropped out of a post-grad course October 2018 due to stress, anxiety, feeling overwhelmed etc. Led to not being able to get out of bed so ended up dropping out. I was only at the University for around 3-4 weeks, I wasn't charged any tuition from them but I received my first student loan which i ended up paying straight back so there was no outstanding fee's.
Last year I was diagnosed with social anxiety, PTSD and dyspraxia, all of which i think contributed to my dropping out in fall 2018.This year I feel in a better place to conquer my masters now aware of my conditions. However as I had already applied for a SF student loan once they will not grant me another one. I tried to appeal by sending off my diagnostic report for dyspraxia and my assessment letter for PTSD and social anxiety, however they will not accept this as it was not dated at the time of my being at uni.
Now this is where I am confused because someone does not suddenly develop dyspraxia, i've had it my whole life and never knew, therefore would have been present during my uni experience. Equally my PTSD was present for years and my therapist can account for that.
I was only at uni for such a short space of time 3-4 weeks I didn't see any doctor or talk to a course tutor, i tried to talk to one but they were not understanding and rolled my eyes when I mentioned I was considering leaving.
I'm really upset that I can't be considered for another loan due to this and I'm considering trying to take it further. I was wondering if anyone else has experience of something like this?
Thank you
:smile:
Original post by jane196
Hi I was wondering if anyone else has had any problem with appeal SF and has any tips.
I dropped out of a post-grad course October 2018 due to stress, anxiety, feeling overwhelmed etc. Led to not being able to get out of bed so ended up dropping out. I was only at the University for around 3-4 weeks, I wasn't charged any tuition from them but I received my first student loan which i ended up paying straight back so there was no outstanding fee's.
Last year I was diagnosed with social anxiety, PTSD and dyspraxia, all of which i think contributed to my dropping out in fall 2018.This year I feel in a better place to conquer my masters now aware of my conditions. However as I had already applied for a SF student loan once they will not grant me another one. I tried to appeal by sending off my diagnostic report for dyspraxia and my assessment letter for PTSD and social anxiety, however they will not accept this as it was not dated at the time of my being at uni.
Now this is where I am confused because someone does not suddenly develop dyspraxia, i've had it my whole life and never knew, therefore would have been present during my uni experience. Equally my PTSD was present for years and my therapist can account for that.
I was only at uni for such a short space of time 3-4 weeks I didn't see any doctor or talk to a course tutor, i tried to talk to one but they were not understanding and rolled my eyes when I mentioned I was considering leaving.
I'm really upset that I can't be considered for another loan due to this and I'm considering trying to take it further. I was wondering if anyone else has experience of something like this?
Thank you
:smile:

Hi there, if you can provide evidence of Compelling Personal Reasons then you can apply to receive the loan again if your evidence gets accepted.

You can read more information here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/student-finance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending