Which creative career is better (more promising, paying, stable)?

Watch this thread
ninjacaty
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey, I´m a very, very creative person. I love writing and drawing (These are my two strongest talents.)

I want a stable job, so that I´ll be able to work 8 hours, come home and work on my other projects (writing a novel) and get paid well. However, I´ve read that a job in public relations is stressful and won´t be a 8 hour job (just like graphic design, greaaat.)

These are the only jobs that actually interest me, so whatever. But which one offers more possibilities (high pay, possibility to actually FIND jobs, have the freedom to move to another company (switch))?

I want to earn money. I want to go to sleep and not worry about bills. I don´t want to work 12 hours a day and on weekends.
Darole
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ninjacaty)
Hey, I´m a very, very creative person. I love writing and drawing (These are my two strongest talents.)

I want a stable job, so that I´ll be able to work 8 hours, come home and work on my other projects (writing a novel) and get paid well. However, I´ve read that a job in public relations is stressful and won´t be a 8 hour job (just like graphic design, greaaat.)

These are the only jobs that actually interest me, so whatever. But which one offers more possibilities (high pay, possibility to actually FIND jobs, have the freedom to move to another company (switch))?

I want to earn money. I want to go to sleep and not worry about bills. I don´t want to work 12 hours a day and on weekends.
The creative field is by a country mile the hardest field to get into purely because

1) they are usually the most fun jobs
2) there are so many creative minded people that want these jobs so companies don't have to increase salarys because the demand is small compared to the interest
3) most companies that pay well only hire the most talented people out there as again,there are so many applicants

the 3 main jobs that I would say take a loot at are

1)3D animator - very nice pay but very competitive but if you are good then you get to work for some amazing colourful companies such as disney and blizzard
2) digital media manager
3)graphic designer but this is a shot in the dark and you may find yourself without work

the bottom line is that if you are talented then you will find a job, and I mean talented and not just "my friends think im good at drawing"
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (147)
41.88%
Not yet, but I will soon (64)
18.23%
No (140)
39.89%

Watched Threads