Educational systems denies less intelligent kids the right to a good education

Watch
GodAtum
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
IMO our educational systems denies less intelligent kids the right to a good education. If they score poor in SATs, GCSEs etc, they often get sent to a crap school, continuing the cycle and not offering social progression.
EmergencyAccount
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by GodAtum)
IMO our educational systems denies less intelligent kids the right to a good education. If they score poor in SATs, GCSEs etc, they often get sent to a crap school, continuing the cycle and not offering social progression.
Above average kids get denied too. It's not just less intelligent kids.
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by GodAtum)
Parents chose the school ....
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
in what ways do poor SATs result in going to a different school? GCSEs possibly for A level admissions but not before then.
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by EmergencyAccount)
Above average kids get denied too. It's not just less intelligent kids.
100% this. The problem is widespread in British education and children of all levels are being failed (unless their family is able to afford non-state school fees etc).
EmergencyAccount
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Quick-use)
100% this. The problem is widespread in British education and children of all levels are being failed (unless their family is able to afford non-state school fees etc).
My past secondary school last year was rated inadequate last year. It sucked so bad.
EmergencyAccount
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by ajj2000)
in what ways do poor SATs result in going to a different school? GCSEs possibly for A level admissions but not before then.
Bring back grammar schools!!!
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by EmergencyAccount)
Bring back grammar schools!!!
true, disagreed with the demonisation of grammar schools, there should be viable options for pupils what ever their interest including further education or vocational schools...
Sam.C.Mat
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
The brighter kids from poorer backgrounds are the ones most neglected.
Any school with difficult pupils, who don't want to be there and disrupt things, will end up spending 50% of their resources on 5% of the pupils.
Good students get neglected at many schools because they don't cause problems.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (47)
20.43%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (52)
22.61%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (44)
19.13%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (47)
20.43%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (22)
9.57%
I haven't started researching yet (18)
7.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed