Bath vs King's College London vs Birmingham vs Nottingham vs Loughborough vs Leeds

Watch
ndbank
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
For Engineering. Don't know which out of these Uni's I should pick to fill the 1 out of 5 spots I have left. Thanks a lot in advance 👍👍👍👍
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ndbank)
For Engineering. Don't know which out of these Uni's I should pick to fill the 1 out of 5 spots I have left. Thanks a lot in advance 👍👍👍👍
Honestly id say there’s not much in it.

Id probably say the others are better for engineering then Kings, but apart from that there all similar enough reputation & career prospects wise.

Id look at the location, campuses, the unis size & more things like this to pick which one you most prefer.
ndbank
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by mnot)
Honestly id say there’s not much in it.

Id probably say the others are better for engineering then Kings, but apart from that there all similar enough reputation & career prospects wise.

Id look at the location, campuses, the unis size & more things like this to pick which one you most prefer.
Thank you! Helpful advice. Yeah I like the feel of all of them (bath a bit more than the rest, but not by much), but I think bath is slightly down the league tables as not a Russell Group university. Not sure if this should put me off, or will career prospects be the same despite this? Thanks a lot in advance 👍👍👍👍
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you! Helpful advice. Yeah I like the feel of all of them (bath a bit more than the rest, but not by much), but I think bath is slightly down the league tables as not a Russell Group university. Not sure if this should put me off, or will career prospects be the same despite this? Thanks a lot in advance 👍👍👍👍
Bath has a brilliant reputation for engineering so I would choose them if you like the feel, and I agree with mnot about Kings being the weakest in your group
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yep,
No employer is going to care which of these you went to. They are all extremely reputable (and with the exception of Kings all very highly rated in engineering).

I really don’t think you have a bad choice here, it’s just about if you prefer anyone more than the others & outside the course what do you want from uni. If you can’t decide but your gut tells you Bath then id just go with that.
Loughborough University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi ndbank,

Is there a specific type of engineering that you are interested in?

Here at Loughborough we offer a mix of course across three different schools of engineering. We hosted our virtual open days last week which has a lot of information on there about these courses and Loughborough itself.

All of our engineering programmes offer a year in industry, which students have gone on to work in big name companies within the industry including F1 teams, Rolls Royce, Pirelli, Airbus, Dyson etc. Our dedicated engineering careers team will assist you in securing a placement and also a graduate role that best suits your interests and accolades. We at Loughborough focus on helping students become the best they can through our courses, support and all the external opportunities that are available to you here.

If you have any specific questions about Loughborough drop us a PM.
Best Wishes,
Emily
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (70)
18.82%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (68)
18.28%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
20.97%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (39)
10.48%
I haven't started researching yet (41)
11.02%

Watched Threads