Any experience/opinions on International Relations Masters @Uni of Man/ Bmh

Watch
toyamariad
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I have received offers for both the Uni of Manchester (International Relations) and Uni or Birmingham (Global Cooperation and Security) for a taught Masters degree.

1) I'm having quite a hard time differentiating between the two- does anyone have any personal experience of either course? (mostly interested in the teaching quality and how useful the content has been in real life?). 2) I feel like Global Cooperation and Security sounds like a better title but actually when it gets down to it, you can choose similar modules at both universities. Should the degree title be highly regarded when choosing?

Not being able to go to open days and really grill teachers and meet potential class mates has made me wary of jumping to one over the other.
Buttmuffin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by toyamariad)
Hi, I have received offers for both the Uni of Manchester (International Relations) and Uni or Birmingham (Global Cooperation and Security) for a taught Masters degree.

1) I'm having quite a hard time differentiating between the two- does anyone have any personal experience of either course? (mostly interested in the teaching quality and how useful the content has been in real life?). 2) I feel like Global Cooperation and Security sounds like a better title but actually when it gets down to it, you can choose similar modules at both universities. Should the degree title be highly regarded when choosing?

Not being able to go to open days and really grill teachers and meet potential class mates has made me wary of jumping to one over the other.
UoM Int. relations > UoB GC&S
toyamariad
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Buttmuffin)
UoM Int. relations > UoB GC&S
*I meant to say UoM International Development (not relations) if that changes anything! Any reasons for the preference? Thanks
Advertisement
Buttmuffin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 20 hours ago
(Original post by toyamariad)
*I meant to say UoM International Development (not relations) if that changes anything! Any reasons for the preference? Thanks
Reasoning: UoM > UoB
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (83)
18.74%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (90)
20.32%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.96%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (96)
21.67%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (44)
9.93%
I haven't started researching yet (46)
10.38%

Watched Threads