The Student Room Group

What don't you like about yourself?

I've never really been that concerned about my body image since no one really pays too much attention to my physical appearance (benefit of being male I suppose). Though I am always worried about my personality and how I come across to people when I speak. I always feel like I'm saying the wrong things or speaking in the wrong tone of voice. Most of the time I don't even know what to say so I just stay silent which makes me seem even more rude and standoffish. This in combination with being extremely shy makes it hard to get through to people and build relationships.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don’t like that I’m shy also I don’t speak up for myself enough and tolerated to much nonsense from others that I wish I never did . Also I hate that I was loyal to the wrong friends
Reply 2
I wish I was taller. Not really something Im insecure about, I just wish I could reach the top of the cupboard without having to go on my tip-toes :frown: :lol:
Really, really rubbish work ethic if it's something I'm not specifically passionate about.
I have always been upset about the way I look. I do not like my teeth, forehead, the fact I'm thin and my flat chest. Also I am very insecure about the way I speak to others, I feel like I annoy people or that they wont like the way I come across. Every action or every outfit I wear/ makeup look I do I will make sure I try my best with it because I'm anxious the way people view me. Anyway, I really hope society isn't like this forever because I know too many people including myself who dislike themselves because of the way society portrays PERFECT people. Please boys and girls try love yourself. Your amazing the way you are ! :smile:
I'm far too polite in real life.

I need to learn to be blunt and more direct.
I can’t always tell if people are joking or not
I can’t tell when someone on TSR is trolling
I reply to @LovelyMrFox too much, to the point that I’ve accidentally hijacked her thread and people think I have a crush on her 😂
I am obese
Original post by anonymousbabyx
I have always been upset about the way I look. I do not like my teeth, forehead, the fact I'm thin and my flat chest. Also I am very insecure about the way I speak to others, I feel like I annoy people or that they wont like the way I come across. Every action or every outfit I wear/ makeup look I do I will make sure I try my best with it because I'm anxious the way people view me. Anyway, I really hope society isn't like this forever because I know too many people including myself who dislike themselves because of the way society portrays PERFECT people. Please boys and girls try love yourself. Your amazing the way you are ! :smile:

I look like l bought a hell of a lot of metaphorical scratchcards in the metaphorical genetic lottery, and lost them all in the most real sense possible. The fact that means anything at all is irritating. Let's just do stuff we enjoy.
(edited 3 years ago)
I sometimes let my ego get the best of me
Original post by Arthur_Morgan
I sometimes let my ego get the best of me

Change that smug profile pic.

It offends me.
Original post by RtheBotanist
I look like l bought a hell of a lot of metaphorical scratchcards in the metaphorical genetic lottery, and lost them all in the most real sense possible. The fact that means anything at all is irritating. Let's just do stuff we enjoy.

I'm sure you dont :smile: but i have started accepting the fact i'm not going to change. (Until i find a surgeon loooool) and just letting go.
Original post by ScrLk0

It offends me.

Isn't that a shame
I'm too nice and I've been taken advantage of several times.
Original post by ScrLk0

It offends me.

Is it Jon Richardson?
Looks like him
Reply 14
The amount of dedication I have to the things I like. if there is one thing I will pray for, if nothing else, it is for my dedication to improving, even though the whole thing behind dedication is it is something only the person can solve.
i hate the fact im extremely shy tbh. like i really want to be able to talk to others and make friends but i physcially can’t do it. anytime im in a social situation/surrounded by people i freeze and end up just fiddling with something i wish i was more confident
Original post by Laurence010401
Is it Jon Richardson?
Looks like him

...the type of look he'd give after he's finished cleaning a really dirty window lol.
Original post by anonymousbabyx
I'm sure you dont :smile: but i have started accepting the fact i'm not going to change. (Until i find a surgeon loooool) and just letting go.

Perhaps haunting TSR at 1am while already sleep deprived is actually my greatest weakness... And don't find a surgeon (joking or not). Do you really want to spend time with people whose appreciation is wholly conditional on your enhanced body parts? Statistically it's a pretty good guess that you look fine too.
Original post by ScrLk0
...the type of look he'd give after he's finished cleaning a really dirty window lol.

Knowing Jon Richardson, his windows are probably very exceptionally clean
My inability to get my **** wet.

Quick Reply

Latest