Luciddreams__
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
For years now I’ve been dealing with this crippling anxiety, I’ve been reviving therapy on and off but my fears and thoughts feel so real at the time as much as people tell me there all in my head? I just feel awful all the time. I’m scared to sleep Incase I die in my sleep, I’m scared to eat incase it’ll effect my health , I’m thinking about my health all day everyday! I’m constantly worrying the worlds ending, when it rains or is windy I get scared coz I think it’s the end of the world. My life is effected by these fears 24/7 and it just leaves me feeling like I can’t deal with a world this scary
-Eirlys-
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Luciddreams__)
For years now I’ve been dealing with this crippling anxiety, I’ve been reviving therapy on and off but my fears and thoughts feel so real at the time as much as people tell me there all in my head? I just feel awful all the time. I’m scared to sleep Incase I die in my sleep, I’m scared to eat incase it’ll effect my health , I’m thinking about my health all day everyday! I’m constantly worrying the worlds ending, when it rains or is windy I get scared coz I think it’s the end of the world. My life is effected by these fears 24/7 and it just leaves me feeling like I can’t deal with a world this scary
I'm sorry that you've been feeling so anxious about things lately. It's good you've been going to therapy. If things aren't improving for you though, then it's probably a good time to speak with your doctor. Therapy has its benefits and so does medication, but combining them may be much more helpful. Of course, that's entirely up to you.
I experience anxiety myself but it was very bad years ago and I would have panic attacks every day. I started on a low dose of anti-depressants and was on them for about 2 years and my panic attacks almost completely stopped immediately. You become more mellow and less things bother you or stress you out. It lets you lead a more normal life and allows you to approach things that may have been anxiety inducing before, with little discomfort. I thought everything would reverse when I came off them, but nope. For a while afterwards, I was still pretty chill about a lot of things.
It's definitely something to consider but speaking to your doctor is a good first step. I know there's sometimes stigma about taking them but there really doesn't need to be if it makes your life much easier to manage and no-one but your doctor has to know.
Wishing you all the best.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (55)
8.89%
Confident (81)
13.09%
Indifferent (89)
14.38%
Unsure (159)
25.69%
Worried (235)
37.96%

Watched Threads