Will world governments ever create a virus for population control?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
During the lockdown, I re-read a lot of my books out of boredom, including the maze runner and in the final book, it is shown that the flare virus was made for population control and for more resources for the rich.
This got me thinking, especially with Covid 19 lab theories , would world governments create a virus for population control?
laughinglad999
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Far to many humans on the planet 7.9 billion at the last count it needs to be contained
Arthur_Morgan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Covid-19 has entered the chat
Laurence010401
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not if they can just do 5g masts
adam102901
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
tbh I am not sure , I feel like climate change will cause some environmental problems so population will reduce anyway
adam102901
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
climate change will inevitably cause huge floodings, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions leading to a massive reduction in population
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
During the lockdown, I re-read a lot of my books out of boredom, including the maze runner and in the final book, it is shown that the flare virus was made for population control and for more resources for the rich.
This got me thinking, especially with Covid 19 lab theories , would world governments create a virus for population control?
Pretty *****y virus for 'population control' if it is one. The death toll barely constitutes a rounding error in death tallies.
Besides, mother nature is much better at creating fun viruses to wipe out bits of humanity. Call it the ultimate form of outsourcing.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Probably not, it is a lot of hassle when you can just allow the population to control its self through various means.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
Probably not, it is a lot of hassle when you can just allow the population to control its self through various means.
Do i detect a condom conspiracy brewing :holmes:
laughinglad999
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Napp)
Yes full of holes pin pricks
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
I doubt it. Our population is self limiting anyway, whether that's as a result of not enough resources, space, natural disasters as a result of climate change etc. It's the same with most populations on the planet, eventually something stops the growth.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Napp)
I was thinking more climate change and our dwindling resources... :erm:
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They already have plenty of highly contagious highly deadly viruses etc in their various labs around the Wiorld, the only thing that they would need to do is come up with a way of releasing it that didn't arouse suspsicion it was done purposefully or in a way that would shift the blame onto another country.
laughinglad999
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by JaseyB)
They already have plenty of highly contagious highly deadly viruses etc in their various labs around the Wiorld, the only thing that they would need to do is come up with a way of releasing it that didn't arouse suspsicion it was done purposefully or in a way that would shift the blame onto another country.
Put it in the water supply
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Napp)
Pretty *****y virus for 'population control' if it is one. The death toll barely constitutes a rounding error in death tallies.
Besides, mother nature is much better at creating fun viruses to wipe out bits of humanity. Call it the ultimate form of outsourcing.
I mean Coronavirus definitely isntt for population control, that seafood market where they sell bats was clearly the cause, but world gov are using covid 19 to their adavantage, e,g, Hungary did a form of martial law during lockdown and protests in the west were banned for a while
Anonymous #1
(Original post by laughinglad999)
Put it in the water supply
(Original post by laughinglad999)
Far to many humans on the planet 7.9 billion at the last count it needs to be contained
why do you want to die
Anonymous #1
I doubt it. Our population is self limiting anyway, whether that's as a result of not enough resources, space, natural disasters as a result of climate change etc. It's the same with most populations on the planet, eventually something stops the growth.
also nuclear wars also are probably inevitable, especially North Korea, they have nuclear missiles and hate everyone
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If the government wanted to achieve 'population control', I would expect them to come up with a more effective way of going about it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
If the government wanted to achieve 'population control', I would expect them to come up with a more effective way of going about it.
what do u mean? I didnt say covid 19 is population control. I mean would world govs do a virus if resources run out
queenieana21
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There is a book that was written in the 1980s that mentions a wuhan virus that would start testing in 2019 created by the Chinese government for population control.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (71)
19.03%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.38%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (68)
18.23%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
20.91%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (39)
10.46%
I haven't started researching yet (41)
10.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise