A-Level History coursework ideas

Watch this thread
Icon4
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can anyone reccommend me any good possible cousework titles for history?
I'm especially intresed in economics (economic history in this case of course) but I must priortise the fact that the title must have good arguments on both sides?
Any topics please?
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
What examboard are you doing?
Icon4
Rep:
(Original post by PetitePanda)
What examboard are you doing?
OCR
Icon4
Rep:
Any ideas??
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Icon4)
Can anyone reccommend me any good possible cousework titles for history?
I'm especially intresed in economics (economic history in this case of course) but I must priortise the fact that the title must have good arguments on both sides?
Any topics please?
Why cant you just do some research and find a topic which interests you and then read up on it?
Do economic History if thats what floats your boat.

You find out if there are good arguments by posing a semi controversial question which people dispute or can see both sides to. That is the whole point of the epq, opinion, research , analysis, reasons and evidence. I could give you several titles, but it would be me choosing them , whn in fact the epq is your opportunity to shine.

Read some economic history, look at whats topical. I can think of two big issues that are going on right now which you can investigate further.
Icon4
Rep:
(Original post by 999tigger)
Why cant you just do some research and find a topic which interests you and then read up on it?
Do economic History if thats what floats your boat.

You find out if there are good arguments by posing a semi controversial question which people dispute or can see both sides to. That is the whole point of the epq, opinion, research , analysis, reasons and evidence. I could give you several titles, but it would be me choosing them , whn in fact the epq is your opportunity to shine.

Read some economic history, look at whats topical. I can think of two big issues that are going on right now which you can investigate further.
Thanks for your help! but it's history coursework not an EPQ so I obviously can't do it on anything present.
For economic history, which several titles were you thinking of? It would be greatly appreciated because I have been stuck on this for ages.
PetitePanda
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Icon4)
OCR
I dont do OCR so definitely look at what you need to do but I'm currently doing Industrial revolution and that is a bit of economic history, especially with real wages and consumption per capita, so maybe look if you would be interested in that area.
Icon4
Rep:
(Original post by PetitePanda)
I dont do OCR so definitely look at what you need to do but I'm currently doing Industrial revolution and that is a bit of economic history, especially with real wages and consumption per capita, so maybe look if you would be interested in that area.
Oh cool! what in particular are you looking at to do with the Industrial Revolution? Like causes/effects etc.
Sinnoh
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Icon4)
OCR
Is there anything related that you could find within the topics you're studying?
PetitePanda
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Icon4)
Oh cool! what in particular are you looking at to do with the Industrial Revolution? Like causes/effects etc.
I'm doing Standard of Living but there's a lot you could do. Like rights, feminism, religion and etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (274)
42.09%
The paper was reasonable (269)
41.32%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.22%
It was TERRIBLE (48)
7.37%

Watched Threads