abbieking
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi! So I’m in year 12 & was supposed to retake my English GCSE in November 2019 (I got a grade 4), however I sent my paper in for a remark and the school didn’t get it back in time for me to put in for the resit. I then decided I should resit it this summer, but I thought it might get in the way of my UCAS prediction exams, I really wish I put in for it now because I would’ve received a predicted grade Is it worth resitting in November? What will happen with my UCAS application etc? I’m taking 4 A levels and really want to go to a uni like Edinburgh, so is it worth resitting it or not? I just don’t know if I’ll be able to put it on my UCAS & if there’s any point.
Last edited by abbieking; 1 week ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by abbieking)
Hi! So I’m in year 12 & was supposed to retake my English GCSE in November 2019 (I got a grade 4), however I sent my paper in for a remark and the school didn’t get it back in time for me to put in for the resit. I then decided I should resit it this summer, but I thought it might get in the way of my UCAS prediction exams, I really wish I put in for it now because I would’ve received a predicted grade Is it worth resitting in November? What will happen with my UCAS application etc? I’m taking 4 A levels and really want to go to a uni like Edinburgh, so is it worth resitting it or not? I just don’t know if I’ll be able to put it on my UCAS & if there’s any point.
Do you need a grade 5?
If you are ready nd nothing better to do then just do it in November.
I cnat see how your predicted grade would have been any better unless your teachers believe you had improved and you had evidence of such.

It should say whats needed on entrance requirements. You dont say what course.
https://www.ed.ac.uk/studying/underg...glish-language

If you have nothing better to do and have already done the work then retake in November imo.
Dancer2001
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I also got a 4, and retook it in November of year 13 when I realised I needed a 5. It didn’t stop me getting any offers, it was just a condition on some of them.
I got a 6, and had the results in January, so I didn’t need to worry about it after that.
Last edited by Dancer2001; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (83)
18.74%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (90)
20.32%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.96%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (96)
21.67%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (44)
9.93%
I haven't started researching yet (46)
10.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise