?
Report 1 month ago
Why don't we not exist?
wheelbarrow-man
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why do you exist? Well. you can trace the mechanics of it back to your mother and father, but if you mean for what purpose are we here, "why" is probably the wrong question.

"Why are we here?" only has some logic to it if we were put here by something for a purpose - a god or some supreme being. I don't think we were. I think quite often **** just happens.

There are, of course, many people who believe "everything happens for a reason". These people, sadly, waste an awful lot of time pondering the wrong questions when they could be doing something useful such as baking, or gardening, or trolling the Daily Mail comments section.
Last edited by wheelbarrow-man; 1 month ago
rxyaltyx
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by macy_m)
Our parents wanted a child
my parents didnt
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by billybob22)
Why do we exist?
We are a by-product of Evolution. Nothing more, nothing less.

We are simply here to enhance the human genome - the successful reproduce passing on their genes, the unsuccessful (i.e. most on TSR) do not.
mila679
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ecolier)
We are simply here to enhance the human genome - the successful reproduce passing on their genes, the unsuccessful (i.e. most on TSR) do not.
I’m dead
wheelbarrow-man
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We are a by-product of Evolution. Nothing more, nothing less.

I would say we aren't even here to advance the genome. Who allocated us that responsibility? And which neutral authority outwith ourselves actually gives a **** if we advance the human genome or just kill ourselves by gorging on butter?
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by wheelbarrow-man)
...And which neutral authority outwith ourselves actually gives a **** if we advance the human genome or just kill ourselves by gorging on butter?
None, the Earth didn't care that the dinosaurs went extinct, and it certain as hell wouldn't care if all humans went extinct tomorrow.

But the reason why we (humans) exist is because of Evolution... The OP didn't ask for purpose of life (that's another discussion in itself).
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
those reps won't earn themselves

:beard:
vix.xvi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by billybob22)
Why do we exist?
good question...

now just give me a moment to think about that, and I'll be sure to let you know xxx

:/
Last edited by vix.xvi; 1 month ago
SuperiorPotato
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well I've always wondered why humans are above other animals? How did we evolve so much more than other animals? Were humans made to rule over other creatures? It's kind of strange don't you think?
firdouss
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
Why don't we not exist?
that is the question
wheelbarrow-man
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
None, the Earth didn't care that the dinosaurs went extinct, and it certain as hell wouldn't care if all humans went extinct tomorrow.

But the reason why we (humans) exist is because of Evolution... The OP didn't ask for purpose of life (that's another discussion in itself).
Well it was ambiguously phrased.
TheBritishMuslim
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As a Muslm I would say we exist to worship Allah, (which is the name of our God), but we're also here to enjoy ourselves and have fun
DedicatedWizard
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
To find peace within ourselves and attempt to live a fulfilled life. To find even an ounce of happiness in this world.

This is what I personally believe and I strive towards. There's no point wondering why we exist, it's a futile question...one which we will never know the answer to. Perhaps after death. It's normal to question this though (heck I think more about it more often than I should. Especially because there are so many cruel people out there. Abu Ghraib level type of cruelty).
RexDavid01
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is my take and I’ve always stood by this answer.

We exist, so we are able to reach out to the hearts of all the people that affect us, in some way.

You’ll understand if you think about it🙂
wheelbarrow-man
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TheBritishMuslim)
As a Muslm I would say we exist to worship Allah, (which is the name of our God), but we're also here to enjoy ourselves and have fun
If Allah came down to Earth and spent a while living on a council estate and running odd jobs to support his family, do you think he would be for BLM, against, or relatively ambivalent?
TheBritishMuslim
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by wheelbarrow-man)
If Allah came down to Earth and spent a while living on a council estate and running odd jobs to support his family, do you think he would be for BLM, against, or relatively ambivalent?
are u trying to say muslims are odd jobs council estate people? that generalisation is racist
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (200)
39.14%
Take autumn exams (155)
30.33%
Look for a job (17)
3.33%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.11%
Take a year out (88)
17.22%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
5.87%

Watched Threads