The Student Room Group

extenuating circumstances

After extenuating circumstances have been approved my uni states in the academic handbook that I can hand in my work when I am able. So I handed my work in when I was comfortable to do so, which ended up being the day before results day.
When will my worked be marked and can I expect to get the full grade and not be capped at 40% since EC's are meant to prevent that from happening?

Even if I get the full grade will that take place in next years graduation?

Note. Final year student.
Original post by hrista
After extenuating circumstances have been approved my uni states in the academic handbook that I can hand in my work when I am able. So I handed my work in when I was comfortable to do so, which ended up being the day before results day.
When will my worked be marked and can I expect to get the full grade and not be capped at 40% since EC's are meant to prevent that from happening?

If you have an EC granted giving you an extension then the mark shouldn't be capped.

How long will the mark take? Normally id say 3 weeks-ish but with corona who knows.

Graduation, well they can definetly get your certificate out to you earlier then next year, normally for those who cant make summer graduation they then graduate in the winter graduations, the winter graduations are mostly for masters and post-grad students but their is always a good chunk of undergrads their as well.

But a graduation ceremony is very up in the air (not happening atm due to corona) so I suspect you'll get your certificate then they'll try to re-schedule a ceremony when it is safe to do so.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by hrista

The teacher will still need to mark the work in the 3-weeks turnaround time but the mark will need to be ratified by the Chair of the exam board since your marks would not have been discussed at the exam board. If you have EC then you will get the grade you actually achieved for the assessment.

In my uni graduation is normally in July but with Covid there is no graduation ceremony. The uni has promised to give the degree certificate in the post to all students in July so that if people are holding job offers linked to their getting a degree then that can still happen. The uni will hold a graduation ceremony next year once the Covid issue is cleared up.

If its the same rules for your uni, you should not miss out on 1. getting your final grade and 2. going to a graduation ceremony next year.
Regarding CAPCO, I have been invited to a video interview due by next week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending