What to do if predicted grades come out low

Watch
bingbadaboom
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
At the start of Year 11 our predicted grades are going to be based on the work we've submitted and what classes we've joined online over quarantine and nothing before that. I'm worried I'll get low predicted grades and not be able to apply to a good college at the start of Y11, is there a way to apply with my actual grades after doing my GCSEs instead of my predicted grades?
Laurence010401
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Make a last minute application, you still might get accepted I decided which A levels I was gonna do a week and a half before the start of college
nepotism
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sometimes, colleges are pretty conciliatory and will give you an offer regardless of your predicted grades. Then on results day, of course, you then have to meet their entry requirements. Maybe talk to someone that goes to the college you want to go to, and ask about how the interview process and offers work? I know that the big A-level sixth form college in my city gave conditional offers to everyone who turned up to interview. It also can't hurt to get in touch with admissions via email.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (83)
18.74%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (90)
20.32%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.96%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (96)
21.67%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (44)
9.93%
I haven't started researching yet (46)
10.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise