Babs003
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
The Biology residential is £230.

When I asked other Y13s who went previously, they said, "who wouldn't want to spend time with your friends", even if the trip is boring. That's all great but I don't need to spend £230 to meet up with friends. My teachers are saying that those who didn't do the residential really struggled with the course and practicals in exams :/

Just wanted to hear your feelings about this before my Dad makes a full deposit. I don't know whether to go or not go- it's really expensive.
SusannaW
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
We don’t have a residential trip for y13 bio in my school so not sure why it’s necessary. We had one field trip (to a field) to do some ecology 😂.
It sounds like fun but personally I can’t see that it would impact your grades that much.
Blue_skies124
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yh we were going to do the field trip this year and I had to pay around the same I think it cost £285 but because of corona we couldn’t. It’s expensive and they didn’t even consider those that couldn’t afford it. I just don’t understand why we couldn’t have gone on the field outside our school to do it or any other field.
username4247768
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Blue_skies124)
Yh we were going to do the field trip this year and I had to pay around the same I think it cost £285 but because of corona we couldn’t. It’s expensive and they didn’t even consider those that couldn’t afford it. I just don’t understand why we couldn’t have gone on the field outside our school to do it or any other field.
lmao we went to a park 5 mins away
Babs003
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Oh dear haha. I better not pay it then 😂
I’m sure my teachers will understand
Blue_skies124
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think you’ll be made to 😂
They’ll tell you that it’s compulsory and that you can’t pass the practical if you don’t go which is what happened to me :/
Babs003
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Blue_skies124)
I think you’ll be made to 😂
They’ll tell you that it’s compulsory and that you can’t pass the practical if you don’t go which is what happened to me :/
No way! If I don't go, I will likely not get a pass for practical and that's not good. Oh dear.
Well, I won't let my Dad pay the full deposit just yet. I'll see what happens and what my teachers will say.
Blue_skies124
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Is the residential for the field practicals?
Yh it doesn’t make sense to me. They should know that a lot of students won’t be able to afford that amount or the fact that people are just not willing to pay that much for a two three day trip
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (33)
8.17%
Confident (54)
13.37%
Indifferent (57)
14.11%
Unsure (103)
25.5%
Worried (157)
38.86%

Watched Threads