Is my dad abusing me?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
He’s always so narcissistic etc, been like this for years. He criticised me over my desk and I told him to stop, he then shouted at me saying I’m a ‘messy and useless b*tch’ and I’m a ‘****ing failure’ and I’ll never make it in life and he wants to kill himself. I’m sat crying in my room, I’m 15. He judges me for everything and when I had a tub of ice cream- I’m recovering from anorexia he says I’m a mess. He’s super rich and my mum has a low paying job, I’m scared and I don’t know if I should report it
bluemuffin
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I’m so sorry you’re going through this, and you’re so young as well 😭 I’m not sure what you should do, reporting it might be a good idea but it might be a risky situation during this lockdown, but honestly just wanted to comment and say I’m sorry about the situation and that it’ll get better eventually, also feel free to PM if you want x
Anonymous #1
(Original post by bluemuffin)
I’m so sorry you’re going through this, and you’re so young as well 😭 I’m not sure what you should do, reporting it might be a good idea but it might be a risky situation during this lockdown, but honestly just wanted to comment and say I’m sorry about the situation and that it’ll get better eventually, also feel free to PM if you want x
Thanks xx
Oulez
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
This is so hectic because isnt right to do this..but i am just praying for you..since there is nothing i can do.
i wish i could get your Whatsupp number so that i may talk to you, i was once in the situation that you are now in..

i am very sory!!
Melanie*****
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
He’s always so narcissistic etc, been like this for years. He criticised me over my desk and I told him to stop, he then shouted at me saying I’m a ‘messy and useless b*tch’ and I’m a ‘****ing failure’ and I’ll never make it in life and he wants to kill himself. I’m sat crying in my room, I’m 15. He judges me for everything and when I had a tub of ice cream- I’m recovering from anorexia he says I’m a mess. He’s super rich and my mum has a low paying job, I’m scared and I don’t know if I should report it
Perhaps it would be good for you to speak to a professional about this for some advice, you can contact Childline on 0800 1111 (it won't show up on a phone bill). Alternatively their website is https://www.childline.org.uk/, they have loads of useful advice on there as well. Stay strong, you can get through this.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Oulez)
This is so hectic because isnt right to do this..but i am just praying for you..since there is nothing i can do.
i wish i could get your Whatsupp number so that i may talk to you, i was once in the situation that you are now in..

i am very sory!!
Thanks xx I feel better now
TheStarboy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It’s absolute abuse. How can a parent expect to care for their children if they only degrade them and expect them to solve their own problems?
I hope you learn to fend for yourself and support yourself with any close friends or relatives
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Sounds like the assh*le might be part of the reason you have anorexia. Yeah, he is abusive.
Do you live in the UK and how old are you? If your over 18 your best solution is probably going to be to move out.
Last edited by glassalice; 6 days ago
username5306262
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
That's insane - if you need some support feel free to PM me, but that is disgusting that he speaks to you that way
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
This would be considered abuse, yes. Im sorry you have to go through this :console:
Might I ask about your mom? Does he act like this to her as well? Please dont feel pressured to answer either of those.
I hope you have some friends you can trust, and that are there to support you. If you ever need someone to talk to, or just someone to listen, dont hesitate to pm me.
ryukk
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Yes, this is abuse. I'm so sorry you're going through this. Is it possible for you to move in with another family member? It's extremely difficult living with a narcissist, (my mother is one) so if you want to speak, advice, vent whatever you can pm me if you like. My advice for now is steering out of his way and try to not conversate with him as much as you can. Narcissists are scary as they can switch their behaviours from pretending to be "kind" and "sweet" to manipulate you, then they suddenly get nasty and abusive. They're absolutely horrible people and they can really damage your mental health. There are people you can speak to who share similar experiences like on the Reddit forum. https://www.reddit.com/r/raisedbynarcissists/
I understand it can be heard but don't give up. Once you're 18, you can move out, cut him out of your life and finally start living. Therapy would definitely be beneficial once you're ready to talk about your trauma. Wishing you all the best :-)
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by ryukk)
Yes, this is abuse. I'm so sorry you're going through this. Is it possible for you to move in with another family member? It's extremely difficult living with a narcissist, (my mother is one) so if you want to speak, advice, vent whatever you can pm me if you like. My advice for now is steering out of his way and try to not conversate with him as much as you can. Narcissists are scary as they can switch their behaviours from pretending to be "kind" and "sweet" to manipulate you, then they suddenly get nasty and abusive. They're absolutely horrible people and they can really damage your mental health. There are people you can speak to who share similar experiences like on the Reddit forum. https://www.reddit.com/r/raisedbynarcissists/
I understand it can be heard but don't give up. Once you're 18, you can move out, cut him out of your life and finally start living. Therapy would definitely be beneficial once you're ready to talk about your trauma. Wishing you all the best :-)
Thanks xx he says that he said it ‘in anger’ so it doesn’t ‘count’.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (56)
19.18%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (63)
21.58%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
19.86%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (63)
21.58%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (26)
8.9%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
8.9%

Watched Threads