11.43%
Economics (2)
5.71%
ndbank
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Which out of these is the hardest A-Level subject, in your honest opinion?
Claydo66
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Chemistry

I thought maths was until it came to making a decision about what to drop and realised how hard chemistry is.
ndbank
Rep:
?
(Original post by Claydo66)
Chemistry

I thought maths was until it came to making a decision about what to drop and realised how hard chemistry is.
Yeah. I'm going into yr 13, doing Further Maths, Maths and Physics. Was wondering what other people's opinion was. I've added a poll now, so feel free to select as many as you think are the hardest! Thanks a lot in advance 👍👍👍👍
Claydo66
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ndbank)
Yeah. I'm going into yr 13, doing Further Maths, Maths and Physics. Was wondering what other people's opinion was. I've added a poll now, so feel free to select as many as you think are the hardest! Thanks a lot in advance 👍👍👍👍
Sorry I’m on mobile.
I do maths physics and biology and think physics is the easiest while biology is the hardest.
ndbank
Rep:
?
(Original post by Claydo66)
Sorry I’m on mobile.
I do maths physics and biology and think physics is the easiest while biology is the hardest.
No worries that's okay.

Interesting, after speaking to my friends, most people seem to think the other way around!
zetamcfc
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depends entirely on who you ask. Someone who is great at further maths, wouldn't be great at say, English Lit. Geography, History etc. in general. But if you take a random A-level student, I think further maths would be the hardest.
playboiaboodi
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It really depends on your skills, if you aren't good at humanities/essay based subjects you would find further math easier and vice versa. But if there were to be a classification for the toughest subject it would be further math.
Wazzz108
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
D1 module of FM. It's mind numbingly boring. Core and mechanics is just much better.
Chemistry is nifty. Electricity is hard in physics. Math a level is just a standard a level.
stereotypeasian
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
its very subjective and depends on the person
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Further maths is the most difficult conceptually but I found it harder to score well in physics because it's more reliant on proper answer technique and specific key words (biology is even worse for that, so I hear). In maths if you get the right answer and your working is sound, full marks. Whereas in physics you can write an answer that's technically completely correct and miss the point completely. But I understood the topics just fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (101)
37.97%
Take autumn exams (86)
32.33%
Look for a job (8)
3.01%
Consider an apprenticeship (9)
3.38%
Take a year out (45)
16.92%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (17)
6.39%

Watched Threads