The Student Room Group

Business Management (marketing) or Marketing (management)?

I'm hopefully starting uni in September 2021 and I'm trying to find the difference between these two degrees. Nearly every Uni I've looked at has both of these degrees when you search for undergraduate marketing degrees, they are almost identical in course structure and all feature very similar, if not the same, optional modules. However, I have heard that employers are more likely to hire someone with the Business Management (Marketing) degree because it sounds more respectable. Can anyone confirm this or tell me their own experiences with choosing between courses like these?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Original post by _shelbymari_
I'm hopefully starting uni in September 2021 and I'm trying to find the difference between these two degrees. Nearly every Uni I've looked at has both of these degrees when you search for undergraduate marketing degrees, they are almost identical in course structure and all feature very similar, if not the same, optional modules. However, I have heard that employers are more likely to hire someone with the Business Management (Marketing) degree because it sounds more respectable. Can anyone confirm this or tell me their own experiences with choosing between courses like these?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Hi @_shelbymari_

I have recently completed my Business Management with Marketing degree and faced the exact issue you did. When I was looking at universities which offered both, the courses were often very similar with only 1 or 2 module differing between them. Eventually I settled on Business Management with Marketing as I liked that the business modules had a global feel to them (focusing on trade and laws/ethical business practice) which I didn't find in the other options I was considering.

If there is anything further I can help you with then you can reach me HERE

Take care,

Millie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending