The Student Room Group

Is this too much revision for GCSE

So I’m in year 10 right now and I’ve been working around 8 hours a day everyday after school and 14-15 hours a day on weekends. This comes to roughly 70 hours of revision per week and including school is over 100 hours a week I’m aiming for at minimum all A* but hopefully all 9s or mostly 9s and a few 8s. I also saw that the average student revises less than 30 hours per subject and with my timetable I’ll be doing almost 400 hours per subject. I want to be in the best place possible for my GCSE’s and I’m working at this extreme level because when I’ve done my exams I want to feel mentally exhausted and know that no Matter what I got I worked my ass off and couldn’t do any better so I won’t look back and wish id worked harder and by working almost every waking hour I’m in the best position to do so I still plan on going to the gym everyday on my way back from school but I just want to know if you think there’s anything I should change or implement that would help me do the best that I can or if you’ve studied similar hours and have any advice
Man I wish I had your work ethic :redface: how do you do it? Also yes I think that's too much relax a bit please because when it comes to GCSEs you don't won't to be overworked and tired
Reply 2
Yeah I understand what you mean but like I want to go to a top university ( oxford or Cambridge) study medicine and I just want everything I do to be pushing me in the direction of my goal and other than that nothing else matters to me really
Original post by Josh-fc
Yeah I understand what you mean but like I want to go to a top university ( oxford or Cambridge) study medicine and I just want everything I do to be pushing me in the direction of my goal and other than that nothing else matters to me really

Ah same but I want to go to Imperial :biggrin: but pushing yourself too much then ruins your hard work. If you don't give time for yourself then the information becomes too much. You need to pace yourself, have short breaks. We're still young so enjoy it a bit because after that we have even more work to do.
Your work ethic is amazing. However, don't overload yourself as this will be counter-productive. For GCSEs, I personally think you don't need to revise that much. It's more your quality of revision that matters than how many hours. You can do about 1-2 hours a day on weekdays and maybe a bit more on weekends and still come out with all A*s if it's productive.

Quick Reply

Latest