The Student Room Group

Second Degree Help! Confusion

Hi there,

I’ve had a really hard time with student finance about this course. I’ve been told by a SFE advisor that I should receive full funding, but then I was rejected.

I spoke to three separate people on the phone to SFS about this and I was told no then yes again.

I received an email earlier saying that allied to medicine courses or AHP are funded part time only, but I can see on the student room forums, with replies by the official reps of SFE, that this is not true and I should be treated as a new student and therefore entitled to the full time study package.

I spoke to someone else on the phone and was put on hold for 15 mins, who clarified that my course is an exemption course. The code is B902 and is the extended degree course to subjects allied to Medicine. Again, I’ve been told twice that it is exempt.

I also know this must be untrue that I can only receive a part time loan because the Dietetics course is ONLY offered as a full time course.

Please help with clarifying this confusion. I already got a place onto the course.

Thanks
Original post by Linaberry
Hi there,

I’ve had a really hard time with student finance about this course. I’ve been told by a SFE advisor that I should receive full funding, but then I was rejected.

I spoke to three separate people on the phone to SFS about this and I was told no then yes again.

I received an email earlier saying that allied to medicine courses or AHP are funded part time only, but I can see on the student room forums, with replies by the official reps of SFE, that this is not true and I should be treated as a new student and therefore entitled to the full time study package.

I spoke to someone else on the phone and was put on hold for 15 mins, who clarified that my course is an exemption course. The code is B902 and is the extended degree course to subjects allied to Medicine. Again, I’ve been told twice that it is exempt.

I also know this must be untrue that I can only receive a part time loan because the Dietetics course is ONLY offered as a full time course.

Please help with clarifying this confusion. I already got a place onto the course.

Thanks

Hi there, please let me know the exact name of the university and the exact course name.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Hi there,

University of Hertfordshire, B902, Extended Degree in Science - subjects allied to medicine, dietetics. I’ve spoken to tier 2 processing and they can see it says diet” at the end of it on your computers when you search for it.

But it’s not a science degree, it’s an initial year, like a foundation year+ a dietetics degree code B410 I believe.

I don’t know why herts have made it look like a four year science degree, which it isn’t.

Here is the link to it:

https://www.herts.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/initial-year-for-extended-degree-in-science-subjects-allied-to-medicine

Thanks
Original post by Linaberry
Hi there,

University of Hertfordshire, B902, Extended Degree in Science - subjects allied to medicine, dietetics. I’ve spoken to tier 2 processing and they can see it says diet” at the end of it on your computers when you search for it.

But it’s not a science degree, it’s an initial year, like a foundation year+ a dietetics degree code B410 I believe.

I don’t know why herts have made it look like a four year science degree, which it isn’t.

Here is the link to it:

https://www.herts.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/initial-year-for-extended-degree-in-science-subjects-allied-to-medicine

Thanks

You should be able to receive full funding for this full time course. Have you applied yet? If not then you should apply and let our assessors review your application.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending