The Student Room Group

Scared? to Orgasm.. Feeling deflated

I’ve thought about posting this many times but I’ve never had the right words, I’ve scanned the internet for people with the same problem as me but these posts have been up to a decade old and never had any updates.

I’m 23 and have been sexually active for 9 years, I’ve been in trusting relationships and have had other sexual relations, I’m not new to sex.

My problem is I’ve never had an orgasm. I don’t think I physically can’t have one, I think I am scared.

I have found this bit hard to explain, I’ve tried sex, oral, and many many different sex toys.

Things will feel not amazing but ok at first and at some point (what I suspect to be a ‘build up’) everything all of a sudden gets horribly sensitive and it just feels like the worst feeling in the world and I just have to stop. I can’t seem to get over this, I don’t know how long this horrible intense feeling has to go on for and the whole situation has frustrated me over the years but recently it has been really upsetting me.

I’ve tried other forms of masturbation, toys and fingers etc and it’s just not working.

Can anyone offer any advice/help? I’m really embarrassed about this but just don’t know what to do anymore. If this is a build up how long do these usually last and how can I get my body to accept it’s supposed to be nice and not a horrible feeling?

Thank you x

Scroll to see replies

Im not sure- that must suck. Im sorry i can't really offer any advice, but have you thought of speaking to an expert? It's nothing to be embarrassed and there are many things that can cause this. You're not alone x
Original post by AutumnRose96

Things will feel not amazing but ok at first and at some point (what I suspect to be a ‘build up’) everything all of a sudden gets horribly sensitive and it just feels like the worst feeling in the world and I just have to stop.

From what you've described it sounds like you may have been having orgasms.

It's impossible to say for sure.

It's also impossible to say if you would orgasm if you had the right lover or not.
One that you trusted and that was competent at making love with you.
The over-sensitivity you're describing often comes post-orgasm.

What exactly do you expect an orgasm to be?
You've been having it since you were 14???
Original post by Hannah0505

I was just about to say that??
I’ve thought about posting this many times but I’ve never had the right words, I’ve scanned the internet for people with the same problem as me but these posts have been up to a decade old and never had any updates.

I’m 23 and have been sexually active for 9 years, I’ve been in trusting relationships and have had other sexual relations, I’m not new to sex.

My problem is I’ve never had an orgasm. I don’t think I physically can’t have one, I think I am scared.

I have found this bit hard to explain, I’ve tried sex, oral, and many many different sex toys.

Things will feel not amazing but ok at first and at some point (what I suspect to be a ‘build up’) everything all of a sudden gets horribly sensitive and it just feels like the worst feeling in the world and I just have to stop. I can’t seem to get over this, I don’t know how long this horrible intense feeling has to go on for and the whole situation has frustrated me over the years but recently it has been really upsetting me.

I’ve tried other forms of masturbation, toys and fingers etc and it’s just not working.

Can anyone offer any advice/help? I’m really embarrassed about this but just don’t know what to do anymore. If this is a build up how long do these usually last and how can I get my body to accept it’s supposed to be nice and not a horrible feeling?

Thank you x

If this has been going on for years why haven't you spoken to a gynaecologist? Honestly, I think you need to just relax and get a vibrator and let it do it's thing. It's normal to feel sensitive after an orgasm.

Hi Hannah I put sexually active since then as I was raped the first time when I was 14, I didn’t have a boyfriend until I was 16 x
Hi Hannah I put sexually active since then as I was raped the first time when I was 14, I didn’t have a boyfriend until I was 16 x

Oh I'm so sorry about that :console:
It sounds like you've been having orgasms. Can you describe what you mean by it feeling horrible?

Also, do you think there's a psychological element to it, potentially linked to the rape?
Original post by SuperiorPotato
Oh I'm so sorry about that :console:

No it’s ok, it was a long time ago now and I’ve come to terms with it, it doesn’t upset me and hasn’t for a while just wanted to be honest in my post, I was ‘properly sexually active’ 16 and onwards, but thank you x

Ohh I'm extremely sorry about that. You don't have to count that as losing your v card if you don't want btw, you can always count losing your v card when you consented xx
No it’s ok, it was a long time ago now and I’ve come to terms with it, it doesn’t upset me and hasn’t for a while just wanted to be honest in my post, I was ‘properly sexually active’ 16 and onwards, but thank you x

I'm glad you've moved on you're very strong :hugs:
Original post by TigerRoll
It sounds like you've been having orgasms. Can you describe what you mean by it feeling horrible?

Also, do you think there's a psychological element to it, potentially linked to the rape?

Hello thank you so much for your comment! And no I don’t think it is an orgasm because if it’s oral for example it’ll feel nice and feel pretty much the same up until one point where all of a sudden everything just feels extremely sensitive and it doesn’t feel nice at all and I’m wondering if that feeling is the build up to an orgasm I just don’t know how to get past that as it’s just such a horrible feeling, and I spent a lot of my childhood and teenage years depressed over a range of things, but the past 3 years I’ve been really good, the rape probably should have affected me more but other bad things had happened and on a scale the rape almost felt irrelevant as worse things happened if that makes sense? The problem is this intense feeling I get but I’m sure it must be part of the build up x
Ohh I'm extremely sorry about that. You don't have to count that as losing your v card if you don't want btw, you can always count losing your v card when you consented xx

It’s ok! Don’t worry it didn’t affect me as much as it probably should have at the time so it’s never been a massive thing to me, but I promise I was doing normal 14 year old things at that age and didn’t even sneak alcohol haha, but thank you I’ve never thought of looking at it that way before as it had never crossed my mind xx
Hello thank you so much for your comment! And no I don’t think it is an orgasm because if it’s oral for example it’ll feel nice and feel pretty much the same up until one point where all of a sudden everything just feels extremely sensitive and it doesn’t feel nice at all and I’m wondering if that feeling is the build up to an orgasm I just don’t know how to get past that as it’s just such a horrible feeling, and I spent a lot of my childhood and teenage years depressed over a range of things, but the past 3 years I’ve been really good, the rape probably should have affected me more but other bad things had happened and on a scale the rape almost felt irrelevant as worse things happened if that makes sense? The problem is this intense feeling I get but I’m sure it must be part of the build up x

It sounds like you are having orgasms but instead of feeling good you feel unpleasantness, or something you don't expect to feel. Then again how people define orgasms varies. For me it feels like the best release of energy in the world, but not necessarily a 'good' feeling all of the time.

Could you describe what you mean by not nice though?
This is an obvious troll. Stop feeding them.
Original post by TigerRoll
It sounds like you are having orgasms but instead of feeling good you feel unpleasantness, or something you don't expect to feel. Then again how people define orgasms varies. For me it feels like the best release of energy in the world, but not necessarily a 'good' feeling all of the time.

Could you describe what you mean by not nice though?

Sorry I’m finding it hard to put in to words, when my partner or the internet has described an orgasm it’s been said like there’s a build up and then a release throughout the body or an area, but everything will be fine then all of a sudden everything’s really sensitive and I want to say it almost hurts to touch but it’s not painful, just uncomfortable and I physically cannot bring myself to stay in that feeling, I think it’s a build up because there’s no release, and I know the vaginal walls start to contract and that briefly happens but then I just have to stop. It makes me feel dreadful like it’s the worst feeling in the world and I just don’t think that can be right x
Original post by Anonymous
This is an obvious troll. Stop feeding them.

Hi I’m not a troll, just posted here as a last resort as the situation is upsetting me and wanted to know if anyone else feels like this and has found a way to over come it. Wouldn’t embarrass myself like this for no reason x
Can't exactly hell you with that since I'm still a teen virgin. Good luck tho

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending