The Student Room Group

Can I be a good Christian and be gay/bisexual?

As above. Would I still get into Heaven?
No
Of course. God loves everyone :h:
Reply 3
God loves us all. Straight, gay, and bi :smile:
This should probably be in faith and spirituality
Reply 5
Yes you can so long as you don’t act on your gay thoughts
Original post by Anonymous

Surely the goal of a Christian life is not what lies beyond it? It isn't an obstacle course which we need to master so that we can pass through the Pearly Gates at life's end.

Look at your question in terms of your connectedness to your world today. Can you see your sex life (whatever your sexuality) as being true to your understanding of living a life of faithful, self-giving love? (It's not just our sex lives, actually. It's far more than that!)

Being a "good Christian" just means living our lives on God's Earth following in Jesus's footsteps with him as our Lord, our Saviour and our Friend.
"There is nothing that enters a man from outside which can defile him; but the things which come out of him."
As above. Would I still get into Heaven

God loves everyone ! To be Gay or bisexual its natural !
Reply 9
Original post by 学生の父
Surely the goal of a Christian life is not what lies beyond it? It isn't an obstacle course which we need to master so that we can pass through the Pearly Gates at life's end.

Look at your question in terms of your connectedness to your world today. Can you see your sex life (whatever your sexuality) as being true to your understanding of living a life of faithful, self-giving love? (It's not just our sex lives, actually. It's far more than that!)

Being a "good Christian" just means living our lives on God's Earth following in Jesus's footsteps with him as our Lord, our Saviour and our Friend.

Thank you for your reply. I’m not interested in sex, not yet but maybe later. It kind of grosses me out.

I just want to live a honest, happy life, with minimal sin. I’m just trying to figure out how to do that.
No

Why not?
I myself am religious. I come from a religious background and have strict parents. I think if you are a good person and have a good heart and ofc you believe in God, I don't see why you wouldn't go into heaven.
In my religion the most dangerous thing you could do is look down on others/think you're a better believer than them because that's what Satan did.
(edited 3 years ago)

Of course. The way to Heaven is through faith and faith alone, as stated by the Bible. This faith in God and Jesus inspires us to be virtuous and do good deeds, and therefore be a good Christian.
The verse in the Bible which states that a man may not lay in another man's bed is frequently misunderstood. It is not against homosexuality, but adultery. A man may not lay in another man's bed which he shares with his wife.
"There is nothing that enters a man from outside which can defile him; but the things which come out of him."

I love this quote :smile:
Of course. The way to Heaven is through faith and faith alone, as stated by the Bible. This faith in God and Jesus inspires us to be virtuous and do good deeds, and therefore be a good Christian.
The verse in the Bible which states that a man may not lay in another man's bed is frequently misunderstood. It is not against homosexuality, but adultery. A man may not lay in another man's bed which he shares with his wife.

Thank you. I am new to Christianity, having come from a non-religious background, but would love to learn more about it. When I move away from home, I’m going to be able to start attending church.
Thank you for your reply. I’m not interested in sex, not yet but maybe later. It kind of grosses me out.

I just want to live a honest, happy life, with minimal sin. I’m just trying to figure out how to do that.

There’s no problem with being gay itself. Just don’t commit any homosexual acts

You must remember that homosexuality is prohibited by God, and thus, if you choose to act on any homosexual urges, it would be sinful. As Christians, we must live in the way of God, and take the teachings seriously. I wouldn't recommend homosexuality as the way to heaven, but if you do engage in homosexual acts, it doesn't imply that you're going to hell in the next life. It's a minor transgression. God knows your heart; if you're truly seek forgiveness for the sins that you commit, then the Lord will forgive you (1 John 1:9). But this doesn't mean that you shouldn't try to avoid sin.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending